www.victorhornetcomics.co.uk

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

VictorHornet

www.victorhornetcomics.co.uk

Post by VictorHornet »

Hello,

I'm new to this Forum, so hello everyone. I run a small amateur website devoted to The Victor and The Hornet comics, www.victorhornetcomics.co.uk

The site has reviews of various strips, articles and interviews with those people who worked on both comics. The site is updated once a month with at least two new strip reviews.

Thank you
Adrian.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: www.victorhornetcomics.co.uk

Post by felneymike »

I like that site a lot, simple design that loads fast and plenty of scans to give you a flavour of the comics. A decent amount of info too

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Thank you felneymike. Hopefully, people will find the site interesting and give them a good idea of what these two British comics were all about. I enjoy building the website.

Adrian.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

About time you got here Adrian. I can honestly say that Adrian's site is a gem if you are interested in either the Hornet or Victor.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Thank you, I'm happy to be here. There's all sorts of interesting information on this Forum. I've already found out quite a fair bit of information I didn't know before.

Adrian.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Adrian, Nice to see another dedicated Victor/Hornet fan on the site. I've been planning and indeed collating a complete Victor Index, of all issues plus all annuals and summer specials, for a number of years now and I'm pretty sure I could answer nearly all of the questions you've posited on your own Victor/Hornet website but then it would kind of undermine my own project if I did. Best of luck with your own project nonetheless.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Kashgar wrote:Hi Adrian, Nice to see another dedicated Victor/Hornet fan on the site. I've been planning and indeed collating a complete Victor Index, of all issues plus all annuals and summer specials, for a number of years now and I'm pretty sure I could answer nearly all of the questions you've posited on your own Victor/Hornet website but then it would kind of undermine my own project if I did. Best of luck with your own project nonetheless.
Bang goes my gameplan then! :o :cry: I was aiming to work for a certain company in order to carry out something along those lines myself, but still more than a few hundred issues short of the whole run. At least, I have managed to get all the annuals so far! :lol:

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Hi Kashgar,

Actually, that's good news. Good luck with the index. Please let me know when you've published it, as I'll be interested in buying a copy.

Regards
Adrian.

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm planning a look at the Victor Annuals for my December website update with an index to the stories. Thought I had better mention it now. Apologies in advance. (The good news is I don't have every annual, so it won't be a complete index, nor will it be an in-depth one).

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hi Adrian, If you need details of any of the Victor annual contents you have missing please let me know and I'll try to help.

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Hello Kashgar, thank you for the offer, which I will take you up on over the weekend. If there is any information on my website that is of use to you please make use of it or if I can provide any other information let me know.

Just curious, but when you are hoping to publish your Victor index and will it be in book form or on the web?

I do have another request though, I was reading a story entitled The Toughest Toff in Town in a Victor annual (1976 I think, off the top of my head, Kennedy artwork of a WW1 taxi on the cover), artwork by Ted Rawlings. A very much tongue in cheek story. I know that there was a non-Rawlings series published about The Toff in The Victor, but was there a previous series published in the comic with artwork by Rawlings please?

Thank you
Adrian.

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Hello Kashgar,

With reference to the Victor annuals I'm missing the following:-

1964 (which I think was the first annual)
1986 through to the final annual 1994?

Thanks. Is there any information I can send you in return Kashgar?

Adrian

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I think 1992 was the last annual, i definitley have that one at any rate (though it's many miles away currently). There may have been another in 1993 but i'm not sure (they are of course dated the next year, so the 1992 one would have came out for Christmas 1991).

I think it only had about 5 stories in, almost all of which where in multiple parts spread through the book. The main one was a long mystery story involving a (red) Indian tracker who had came to Britain to hunt down some man, but ended up being double-crossed and had to run from everybody, including the cops!

Another had an amusing scene where a football team took on an american football team for the first to reach 10 "goals", each playing the game in thier own way!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

The Victor Annual 1994 was the last one and it featured a skier on the cover. The 1993 Annual has a skate-boarding kid and was the first Victor Annual to not feature artwork on the cover. Images for both are in the Annual Library. John Cooper drew the Morgyn stories in a very loose style.

That's it for now. If any more info is needed, just shout! :lol:

VictorHornet

Post by VictorHornet »

Thank you kindly.