Original Buster Artwork...advice needed

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

jamiebgp

Original Buster Artwork...advice needed

Post by jamiebgp »

Hi,
I have always been a comic fan and recently came across some original Buster artwork that I was sent by the artists at Buster in 1989. I was working on a school project about comics and this is what they sent me. I would love to get some of it up on my walls but at the same time wondered if these items have any real monetary value. I have the following.

Dracula Dobbs ( goes for tandorri) : B/W fully inked 450mm x 360mm
The Winners (cake contest): B/W fully inked 450mm x 360mm
School Belle (Barbara Broomsick) B/W fully inked still with pencil marks 450mm x 360mm
Dozy Derek (pump up the jam) april 97 hand drawn, in pencil with ballpoint adjustsments 350mm x 255mm
School Belle Concept strip in pencil, hand drawn with ballpoint adjustments 400mm x 300mm May.

It would be great to hear if you have any infomation.

Many thanks in advance

J

Peter Gray

Re: Original Buster Artwork...advice needed

Post by Peter Gray »

This School Belle is selling on ebay

SCHOOL BELLE BUSTER ORIGINAL COMIC ART CHRISTMAS THEME Item number: 200265055983

price: £24.99 Buy It Now >

Postage costs: £7.00
Seller's

So just over £30 is about the price they are selling........a yardstick for all the ones you have in your collection

Raven

Post by Raven »

Well, that's the price it's listed at. It may be worth checking to see whether it actually sells at that price to gauge if there's a market for it.

jamiebgp

Post by jamiebgp »

Many thanks. Looks like they will be going on the wall and the holiday home will have to wait.

J

:cheers: