Various news items on comics...

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Various news items on comics...

Post by Digifiend »

Fair enough. The other thread on this matter has been renamed now, so that should sort out any confusion. There should still be something significant in issue 3500 though. Given the timing (mid-September), that's likely to be when the Dennis style change takes effect.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Thanks for the info on the various logos Digifiend, a lot more interesting than you might suppose. I'd forgotten the 60s style had started off without the curve and also thought the current one was the same as the 1974 one (same font but different colouring so nearly right). Well researched. You'll get a Russian OBE for that.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

I don't know why they reverted to the arched logo after so little time using the uneven letters for the logo. Also, even when they changed the logo, there were still some issues which had the 'old' arched logo. I personally prefer the arched logo, the uneven letters looked a bit messy.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I agree. I never liked the web address in the letter O either. At least they put that next to the barcode now instead.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Yes, I think that didn't do much for the cover. Also, by putting the web address in the barcode, it puts it closer to the issue number, which can ultimately encourage collectors of the comic or, even better, long term fans like us.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson