Buzz comic site Christmas decorations

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

toxteth o'grady

Buzz comic site Christmas decorations

Post by toxteth o'grady »

I've put the Christmas decorations up on the Buzz comic site.
view at http://home.btconnect.com/thetopper

I also changed the size of the font on the Sammy Scribbles page (to make it bigger) and have noticed that this has had the effect of making it lighter. I'm hoping to fix this at the weekend.

Peter Gray

Re: Buzz comic site Christmas decorations

Post by Peter Gray »

I love it..really getting into large comics like 60's/70's Beezer and Topper...must get some more Buzz comics..only have three..one you sent me...

The Buzzies and Fuzzies at Christmas was funny.I wonder if the original punchline was its now Boxing Day!
now to read the other ones you put up..

the banana bunch poster you put up in black and white you can use my colour version of that from my blog if you like..

love the detail you go into..The first 77 issues cost 3½p each. From issue no. 78 to 103 the price was 4p. To have bought all the copies of BUZZ at the cover price would have cost £3.73½.

just read Postman Knox and about the repeated jokes..
and how maybe some of the staff created readers letters!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Monty Money bags by Jimmy Glen reminds me of a older type Lord Snooty..
also Nobby is the same artist as Ginger..
Top Tec..send for Kelly George Martin
so artists are doing similar strips..

Wow is this true

http://home.btconnect.com/thetopper/gusthegaloot.htm
J.Edward Oliver drew this strip...a new discovery for me..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I see that header you used on the homepage is used in this month's Classics from the Comics, on page 26. It's Buzz issue 50. Coincidence? :lol:

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

that's a fantastic job you have done on the 'BUZZ' site, Toxteth: I did buy the earlier copies first time around, and I remember some of the free gifts.

my old man had a FORD ANGLIA very similar to the one depicted in 'FREEZE!'

toxteth o'grady

Post by toxteth o'grady »

I see that header you used on the homepage is used in this month's Classics from the Comics, on page 26. It's Buzz issue 50. Coincidence?
Definitely a coincidence. I don't take Classics. Did they also use the clone brush on the 'Every Monday' and the date?

Thanks to all for the favourable comments.

PS how do you include the quotee? - ie that bit that says 'Digifiend wrote..' I've done similar before but it must have been luck.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

toxteth o'grady wrote:
I see that header you used on the homepage is used in this month's Classics from the Comics, on page 26. It's Buzz issue 50. Coincidence?
Definitely a coincidence. I don't take Classics. Did they also use the clone brush on the 'Every Monday' and the date?

Thanks to all for the favourable comments.

PS how do you include the quotee? - ie that bit that says 'Digifiend wrote..' I've done similar before but it must have been luck.
No they didn't use the clone brush, Classics kept those in. The price too. However, it's all black and white.

By the way, If you hit the quote button on a post, the tags are added automatically. Or to do the quote tag manually, it's

Code: Select all

[quote="Digifiend"]message[/quote]
substituting my name with the person you're quoting.