Free Gift gallery

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: Free Gift gallery

Post by stevezodiac »

Here is a cardboard stand-up Roy of the Rovers figure. Not sure what issue it was given away with but I must have it here. Date on the back says 1986.
Attachments
ebay nov. 2010 131.jpg

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

And here are a couple of Victor offerings The football calendar came with Victor 1233 dated 6/10/84.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have a box of free gifts, here are some of the flatter, more easily scannable, ones:

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Fantastic gifts (some are in my box of free gifts).

Very nice photo of a young L S too.

My brother had a joke biscuit (from Jackpot No.1 in 1979), similar to yours, which shows how the best/popular gifts were re-packaged in later comics.

I shall have to wear some of my old badges out-and-about, and see if anyone gives me any admiring glances. :)

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Great to see the TV Century 21 decoder - I've been waiting since 1965 to see what it looked like. I always saw the red and blue codes at the bottom of the pages and felt excluded not knowing what they said. It was kind of strange seeing a cliffhanger ending (Steve Zodiac hanging from a sprinkler above a laser beam - with the sprinkler giving way) and then seeing this gibberish written underneath. Its stuck with me ever since.

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Another selection of free gifts:

http://www.marabese.co.uk/gifts.html