Crikey! We've Gone Digital!

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tony ingram

Re: Crikey! We've Gone Digital!

Post by tony ingram »

bubbadog wrote:I have to say I am not overly impressed with the site selling these copies (myebook)

I have paid the £2.99 and this is confirmed in my account status however when I try and view my ebook I am prompted for the book password which (to date) I have not been supplied with.

I guess it's only £2.99 but it's nevertheless still pretty galling to have paid but not to have been granted access to that which has been paid for.

Maybe I am missing something - anyone else managed to view their purchase?
There's some sort of bug in the system; the first few people to purchase it had no trouble but it now seems not to be supplying the password and to be blocking the free pages (yes, there should be 8). We've contacted the service providers. You will get what you've paid for, I promise you. Anyone who has had a problem, please let me know ASAP!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Digifiend wrote:Just checked that, and yeah, it asks for the password when you click on the "launch this myebook now!" link... I would expect it to show you the free 8 pages, then ask for the password to unlock the rest of the magazine. Clicking the image just gives an access denied message.

Perhaps the Free pages entry was supposed to say 0 and not 8?

And bubbadog, apparently six people have read it already.

EDIT: Just posted about this on the Crikey forum.
http://crikey.forumotion.com/t253-crike ... gital#4671
Thanks Digi, if you hadn't posted I wouldn't have loggewd on here until I got home this afternoon! You should not be getting 'access denied' messages. I notice the Myebook site also seems to be loading very slowly. I've emailed Glenn, too, to let him know there's a glitch.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

OK, glitch appears to be sorted! If anyone still has a problem, email or PM me or contact Glenn via the Crikey! website and he'll give you a code which will sort it out! :)

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

OK, an update: Finally, this situation is sorted. We've abandoned the MyEbook site, which wasn't working, and have put the mag back up online at http://www.yudu.com/search?query=Crikey!

it's easier to access, only takes one click to purchase via PayPal, and there are six free pages available to view eforehand. Hopefully, we are now sorted...

Additionally, the second issue of Super Spies & Secret Agents will be availabl;e there later this weekend, should anyone want to check it out, including some rather obscure comics related stuff. Phew...

jakob1978

Post by jakob1978 »

tony ingram wrote:OK, an update: Finally, this situation is sorted. We've abandoned the MyEbook site, which wasn't working, and have put the mag back up online at http://www.yudu.com/search?query=Crikey!

it's easier to access, only takes one click to purchase via PayPal, and there are six free pages available to view eforehand. Hopefully, we are now sorted...

Additionally, the second issue of Super Spies & Secret Agents will be availabl;e there later this weekend, should anyone want to check it out, including some rather obscure comics related stuff. Phew...
very cool, buying it now...i'll definitly check out Super Spies too.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I've just bought the digital version of Crikey!, Tony, and riffled through the pages. I haven't had time to read anything yet, but there are certainly a number of articles of interest to me. I will start on them tonight. The general presentation leaves nothing to be desired. Well done to all concerned.