Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
My Quest for Tammys 

Phoenix wrote:
Have you ever considered compiling a book, Marionette, organised round your blog post story summaries? Being a perceptive and critical reader, and also articulate, you would seem perfectly capable of writing one. It would need to be themed in some way, and to incorporate as well serials from girls' papers other than Tammy, but it would, in my opinion, be more substantial and thorough than Susan Brewer's The History Of Girls' Comics which, while actually very interesting, inevitably falls between several stools by trying to tell us everything there is to know about every single comic.

It has occurred to me. My current thinking is to continue until I have a more substantial body of work, and then perhaps approach Egmont to see if they would be amenable to me doing a book specifically about Tammy.

As I'm not even halfway through the opening lineup of Tammy serials, it might take a while.

16 Jul 2013, 19:24
Guru

Thanks for the reply, and best of luck with the current project.

17 Jul 2013, 00:19

Another update! This one's about No Tears for Molly. Not quite the definitive word on the series, but it was one of the longest running strips in the comic, so I'm sure we'll come back to it from time to time.

20 Jul 2013, 14:22

My Quest has taken me to a whole new host as I've upgraded to Wordpress, which better supports my writing style than Blogger. The Tammy Project can now be found at http://marionette.org.uk/tammyproject/ where I continue to explore the strange and wonderful world of Tammy.

Upcoming, probably Wednesday, is an epic discourse on The Secret of Trebaran, a story as gorgeously drawn as it is poorly written. Now with proper working footnotes.

29 Jul 2013, 23:48

And I now have the official stamp of approval. Legally I dont use enough images to illustrate my articles to require permission from the owners, but it seemed the polite thing to do. So I asked Egmont for official permission and they agreed, and liked my site so much that they are adding a link to it on their Classic Comics website.

It may not mean a lot to anyone else, but it made my day.

01 Aug 2013, 09:53

Congratulations Mari! (and kudos to Egmont for being so accommodating!)

- Phil R. :)

01 Aug 2013, 12:40

The latest in my series of weekly investigations of Tammy features an epic diatribe on the final story in Tammy's initial line up Castaways on Voodoo Island.

If you wondered what I might have to say about a story I really didn't like, here it is.

27 Aug 2013, 11:23

I've updated my blog list with your new blog setting...

27 Aug 2013, 17:36
Profile WWW

Thank you!

29 Aug 2013, 17:17

This week I digress from Tammy and cover a strip from Jinty I particularly like entitled Dance into Darkness, which isn't, as I first thought, about disco dancing vampires.

03 Sep 2013, 15:03
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2