Australian database

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

standby4action

Australian database

Post by standby4action »

This is a bit outside the scope of ComicsUK but might be of interest to some here. Ausreprints is an interesting database with covers and details rather like Comics.org but concentrates on the fact that:
Australian access to international comics was relatively limited until the 1980s, resulting in a strong local comic industry, including reprint comics. While original Australian comics have been extensively documented by John Ryan's seminal Panel by Panel and more recent books such as Bonzer: Australian comics 1900s–1990s (edited by Annette Shiell), thousands of Australian reprint comics remain largely undocumented. This website redresses the balance by documenting those reprints, with a special focus on the extensive DC reprint program undertaken by the KG Murray and Federal publishing companies.

paw broon

Re: Australian database

Post by paw broon »

That is a nice, informative site and I'm glad you thought to draw it to our attention. As a fan of Aus Comics, I have often turned to:-
http://comicsdownunder.blogspot.co.uk/
When you get into it, you discover there were so many original Aus. created comics and being more than a little addicted, I collect as many as I can.
But I'm sure you are all familiar with the site. :wink:

standby4action

Re: Australian database

Post by standby4action »

Glad it's of use to you 'Paw Broon'