Postal strike no-show.

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Postal strike no-show.

Post by stevezodiac »

I noticed my local Smiths had the latest Commandos - I am still waiting for my subscription copies. If anyone from the post office is reading this could you have a rummage through the 130 million item backlog and dig out my comics please. Ta.

For the same reason I have postponed any ebay selling for the time being. Don't want disgruntled buyers giving me aggro over non receipt.

tony ingram

Re: Postal strike no-show.

Post by tony ingram »

stevezodiac wrote:I noticed my local Smiths had the latest Commandos - I am still waiting for my subscription copies. If anyone from the post office is reading this could you have a rummage through the 130 million item backlog and dig out my comics please. Ta.

For the same reason I have postponed any ebay selling for the time being. Don't want disgruntled buyers giving me aggro over non receipt.
Trouble with that is, the dispute is far from over so you may be waiting awhile before you can start seling again. They're on strike again later this week for three days and there's no guarantee that it won't be next week as well.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The postal strike isn't to blame for your missing Commandos, these issues have been out since October 8th. They simply got lost in the mail, so complain to DCT about this.
http://www.commandomag.com/index.php?id=1059

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

It's also responsible for the no-show of my Victor Adventure Special. Grrr.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Commando CO

Post by Commando CO »

Hi Steve,

Not sure which issues you're missing. If It's 4235 - 4238, they've got lost. Contact our subs people (or me through editor@commandomag.com) and they'll sort it.

If, however, it's 4239 - 4242, they aren't officially out until this Thursday and someone has jumped the gun. Your copies of that four will be scurrying towards you as we speak.

The disruption to the post is potentially catastrophic to our "direct to the customer" service so, like you, we're hoping it's over soon.
Commando — home of heroes since 1961

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I'm waiting for a something from ebay, it was sent last tuesday what are my chances of ever seeing it? Bigger GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

steelclaw wrote:I'm waiting for a something from ebay, it was sent last tuesday what are my chances of ever seeing it? Bigger GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Bizarrely I "won" a few comics on eBay on Friday and they arrived yesterday, just four working days later, - and they'd come all the way from Belgium, so it's luck of the draw really.

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Maybe the fact that they came from abroad helped? They won't have been caught up in the strike backlog.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I bought a Sunshine annual on ebay on Monday and it came today, so it really does seem to be luck-based.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Steve, did those missing issues turn up yet? The new issues came out yesterday.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Still haven't got my item, nearly 2 weeks, I'm not bothering with ebay anymore or anything that's sent by post until someone sorts it.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I got the latest Commandos this week but it is 4235-4238 I didn't receive. Never mind, no-one died.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

There's also the possibilty that unscrupulous sellers could not bother to send an item and then blame it on disruption. I'll just hold fire for a while and restart selling when its all cleared up.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

stevezodiac wrote:There's also the possibilty that unscrupulous sellers could not bother to send an item and then blame it on disruption. I'll just hold fire for a while and restart selling when its all cleared up.
They could, but a few quid saved isn't really worth the potential damage to the seller's ratings now that ebay have introduced more draconian methods of enforcing 'standards'.

Commando CO

Post by Commando CO »

stevezodiac wrote:I got the latest Commandos this week but it is 4235-4238 I didn't receive. Never mind, no-one died.
Hi Steve,

I'm pretty sure somebody died, we always have fatalities on Commando. If you haven't told the subs department, e-mail me your details at editor@commandomag.com and I'll have some replacements sent out. I'll even sign them to make them totally priceless... sorry, I mean worthless.

By the way, although it's being discussed under the Commando banner, I would like to point out that any no-shows of stuff bought from e-bay or elsewhere on t'internet are nothing to do with Commando!
Commando — home of heroes since 1961