Anyone got £8,950 to spare

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Anyone got £8,950 to spare

Post by Digifiend »

"Mortgage forces sale" - I'm sure a monthly payment is far less than £9000 and the entire mortgage is much more than that. :roll:

Anyway, it works out just over £2 per issue, which isn't bad, if you can afford the price and have room for them!

Raven

Post by Raven »

Only the condition of a few are listed but a good percentage of those seem to be 'worn' and 'tatty' or 'average' (not sure what that would mean).

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

At least this collection is a bit better VFM! :D Another collection for sale And in answer to the first question, I really wish I did have the money. *sigh*
Last edited by colcool007 on 14 Dec 2009, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding to save extra post
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I tend to steer clear of people with "wacky" user names as I tend to question their intellect. tammytampax is a bit of a dumbass name. (yes i am a bit old fashioned and prudish). It suggests immaturity on his part.

You may now crucify me.

chrissmillie

Post by chrissmillie »

I have to say, that looks amazing! And I think it's a hilarious name :lol:
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I must admit that I try and avoid what appears to be random names, but a feedback of 100% can fill you with a warm and fuzzy feeling that this seller is not going to be a complete rip off. Mind you, they're not that far from me so I might ask for visitation rights! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I tend to steer clear of people with "wacky" user names as I tend to question their intellect. tammytampax is a bit of a dumbass name. (yes i am a bit old fashioned and prudish). It suggests immaturity on his part.
I agree with you, Steve, and I'm no prude. A bit old fashioned, maybe! However, despite the 100% positive feedback, faced with a minimum outlay of £5000 what would disturb me is that this seller's record shows only seven purchases in the last six months, and his/her last transaction as a seller was on August 31st 2008. I'm not at all suggesting anything sinister but if that collection had been mine, I am convinced I would have broken it up into quite a number of smaller units so as not to run the risk of putting people off.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

If I was to rich enough to buy them I would collect them and pay with cash, surely no one would have them sent by post after paying that much for them.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Auction ended with no bids. Why am I not surprised? Phoenix, I agree, he should readvertise it as smaller lots.