Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special 

Trailer at https://2000ad.wordpress.com/2017/10/11 ... l-trailer/

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

One especially clever thing about the Scream! & Misty Special is the way it maximizes the possible readership by catering equally (or almost equally) to girls and boys alike - possibly the first time this has ever happened in a British comic of its type. This set me thinking that it might be really fascinating to see it developed into an ongoing weekly in the style of the old Whizzer & Chips, consisting of two rival comics in one, each with their own supernatural host, their own unique style and maybe even their own real-life editor. Each issue could then feature an ongoing debate about the relative scariness of girls' and boys' stories, with readers ('Misty-ites' and 'Scream-ites'?) being encouraged to vote on that particular week's tales. I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see it nonetheless!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:29 pm

philcom55 wrote:
One especially clever thing about the Scream! & Misty Special is the way it maximizes the possible readership by catering equally (or almost equally) to girls and boys alike - possibly the first time this has ever happened in a British comic of its type. This set me thinking that it might be really fascinating to see it developed into an ongoing weekly in the style of the old Whizzer & Chips, consisting of two rival comics in one, each with their own supernatural host, their own unique style and maybe even their own real-life editor. Each issue could then feature an ongoing debate about the relative scariness of girls' and boys' stories, with readers ('Misty-ites' and 'Scream-ites'?) being encouraged to vote on that particular week's tales. I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see it nonetheless!

That idea does sound fun. If it does become ongoing (maybe a monthly) I want to see more Sentinels and 13th Floor. Boy, I hope my comics shop hurries up and gets it in, because I want to read Return of the Sentinels!

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:41 am

It was a wait, but my copy of the special finally arrived in the comic shop. "Return of the Sentinels" was what I read first.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 am

For those who have now read both The Sentinels and the sequel, any ideas on how and why the Sentinel has regained its power and whether they might do another Sentinel sequel?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:29 am

Tammyfan wrote:
For those who have now read both The Sentinels and the sequel, any ideas on how and why the Sentinel has regained its power and whether they might do another Sentinel sequel?

I wondered that too, as at the end of the original series the block in the alternative world had been blown up and the Richards family moved into the flat with two doors, blocking the portal. Perhaps somehow the portal has been reopened? I haven't a clue how.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

helsbels wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:

I wondered that too, as at the end of the original series the block in the alternative world had been blown up and the Richards family moved into the flat with two doors, blocking the portal. Perhaps somehow the portal has been reopened? I haven't a clue how.

Maybe it's something to do with how the Sentinel got its power in the first place, which has not been explained either.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:07 pm

helsbels wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:

Here's another mystery. Who wrote that message "Welcome to Hell" in the Gateway, and on the side of the alt-world? It has to be someone who knows the secret of the Sentinel. The only ones in the alt-world from the original series who knew that were alt-Sally, alt-Richards and his family, and his resistance cell. If they have heard that the portal has somehow reopened, I imagine they would have been quick to take advantage.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 am

Quote:

Perhaps Mr Richards merely had the door to the alt-world sealed up instead of bricking it as instructed. Then the alt-world built a new Sentinel on the other side and the connections met up again with a new flat with two doors. The Richards family left the Sentinel (or perhaps died). Finally, someone unsealed the door, not realising why it had been sealed.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3