The Biggest Jackie Annual Ever - Daily Mail review

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Marionette

Re: The Biggest Jackie Annual Ever - Daily Mail review

Post by Marionette »

stevezodiac wrote:I like the new avatar. (is that what those little pictures are called?)
Yes it is. And thanks, I really like the image too, though it looks much better at larger size. Not mine, I hasten to add. I just found it while looking for images of women in Day of the Dead sugar skull make up. This one wins because of the top hat. I do wear top hats when the mood takes me.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Yes that's where I saw it, too---it was avalable 'two-books-for-20-quid' when I looked through it.
Not in WHS in Liverpool 1 this afternoon, Rab. They had two copies at list price. It wasn't advertised as being part of any offer, so I took one to the Enquiries counter and asked the assistant to do a computer check for me. It turns out that there is an offer of sorts, but it's just short of £30 to add one extra book. I wasn't prepared to waste more time asking about the selection of books I could combine it with, so I put the Jackie book back and went off to have a steaming seafood paella from one of those open-air stands on Church Street, and then got the train home. I was back in the house by 1.45pm, my Christmas shopping all done and dusted within two hours.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Sorry if I put you on the wrong track, Phoenix---it wasn't my intention, old son.

I'm pretty sure I saw it as part of a 'two-for-20 quid' deal here in Scottish branches of this chain.

Hopefully it will turn up sooner or later at a discounted price for you.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Hopefully it will turn up sooner or later at a discounted price for you.
I don't think I would buy it, Rab, but I suspect that somebody in London will have bought it already as a Christmas present for me. If so, I hope there were some better deals down there!