tracy comic

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: tracy comic

Post by Tammyfan »

Marionette wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:@Phoenix. Okay, thanks. By the way, I have the Judy & Tracy #1306 merger issue, dated 19 January 1985 - the same day that Tracy ended. Now, I've never heard of a final issue and a merger on the same day before. It's also very odd to start to start a new serial in a final issue, even if it was meant to continue in a merger. What was going on here?
Spellbound also had a story that started in its final issue and was one of only two that carried over to Debbie. It always struck me as a bit of a cheat.
I guess it was meant as a ploy to have the old readers wanting to buy the merger issue. But I find it a bit annoying, starting a story with the final issue. I wonder if any other titles did it.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

There are a few stories from Tracy that I would like to catch up on:

The Girl with the Power
Petra the Perfect Stranger

And there was another that I think was Tracy. I do not recall the title, but it was about a girl in a children's home who is wrongly accused of a crime. She is fostered out, but her foster sister Gwen wants to get rid of her and, after discovering her past, contrives to frame her for stealing. Fortunately Gwen isn't as clever as she is spiteful and she gets caught out. Our heroine goes back to the home, deciding she cannot live with Gwen. There she finds she has been cleared of the earlier crime by a confession from the true criminal.

Anyone have anything on these serials? Thanks.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

There was another story that I think was Tracy. I don't recall the title, but it was about a girl who has an encounter with aliens who unwittingly damage her sight. They give her a remedy to fix her sight, but she must not cry for a month or the treatment would have been in vain. Her not crying for a month causes a lot of trouble and misunderstandings (such as her grandmother being seriously ill but she looks like she doesn't care because she is not crying) that make her extremely unpopular. So imagine - plenty to cry about but not being allowed to cry it away!

If this story was Tracy, does anyone know anything about it?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Plenty of Tracys and Judys on eBay right now.