Jinty comic

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Jinty comic

Post by Digifiend »

Phoenix wrote:Now is a good time to grab the bull by the horns, steelclaw. Chuck it away and get yourself down to Staples or Dixons or PC World, in that order I would suggest, and buy a replacement.
Dixons is online only now, I assume you mean Currys Digital, which is what the Dixons stores rebranded as.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Digifiend wrote:Dixons is online only now, I assume you mean Currys Digital, which is what the Dixons stores rebranded as.
Thanks for the clarification, Digi. I must admit that Currys, Dixons and Comet got merged in my head years ago. I could never tell the difference. They could have been three heads on one body for all I knew. :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Understandable. Comet's a seperate company, but Currys and Dixons have been part of the same firm for years, so naturally, they sell the same stuff. :)

Brendan McGuire

Post by Brendan McGuire »

Dixons, Currys and PC World are all part of DSG (Dixons Stores Group).

fústar

Post by fústar »

steelclaw wrote: fústar I would happily help with scans if I had a good scanner sorry but that's about as good as scan as I can do until I buy a new one.
No worries. We'll do a whip-round here and send you a flash one for your birthday. :)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

fústar wrote:
steelclaw wrote: fústar I would happily help with scans if I had a good scanner sorry but that's about as good as scan as I can do until I buy a new one.
No worries. We'll do a whip-round here and send you a flash one for your birthday. :)
Sounds good to me. :)

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

This is a good story from a 'Jinty' I picked up.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Some nice ideas in that strip..I'm impressed..

any humour strips Steel inside this new issue you picked up?

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

I can see the cover of that issue is by Jim Baikie but does anyone know who the artist on 'Human Zoo' is? :?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Fireside Book? Split into parts free with an IPC comic? Isn't that a DC Thomson annual aimed at adults?

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Muffy wrote:I used to get both Penny and Jinty - Pam of Pond Hill was the best story (very similar to Grange Hill), and deservedly carried on in Tammy until Tammy's end. One of my other favourites was a shorter lived story 'Jump Julia Jump' about Horse riding.
Interesting to see the writer and artist credited here... I didn't think any of the IPC girls comics did that. Was this usual for 'Jinty'? :?

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Shaqui wrote:I can see the cover of that issue is by Jim Baikie but does anyone know who the artist on 'Human Zoo' is? :?
The artist on "The Human Zoo" is Guy Peeters and I believe it was written by Pat Mills. They both also teamed up on the stories "Land Of No Tears" and "Worlds Apart" which were also memorable Jinty sci-fi stories.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Here you are Peter the only humour strip in the above issue all in Red & White.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Interesting to see the writer and artist credited here... I didn't think any of the IPC girls comics did that. Was this usual for 'Jinty'? :?[/quote]

The particular episode of "Pam of Pond Hill" that was posted featured in Tammy & Jinty (or it may have just been Tammy again by then). Tammy started to credit writers and artists for a while from 1982.