Sandie

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Sandie

Post by Phoenix »

tony ingram wrote:My main problem with Jimmy is that his gimmick was reliant on his always wearing the same trousers. Didn't he ever wash them?
Presumably his mother washed them, as my mother did in our family home. He may well have had a different pair of pants for each day of the week but the reason you never see Jimmy in any of his other pants is that he wasn't able to make any trips into historical scenes in them, and such mundane activities as he did get involved in would not have made good copy.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Phoenix wrote:
tony ingram wrote:My main problem with Jimmy is that his gimmick was reliant on his always wearing the same trousers. Didn't he ever wash them?
Presumably his mother washed them, as my mother did in our family home. He may well have had a different pair of pants for each day of the week but the reason you never see Jimmy in any of his other pants is that he wasn't able to make any trips into historical scenes in them, and such mundane activities as he did get involved in would not have made good copy.
I never thought of that!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The Beano was out once a week, so he'd only have to wear them once a week! :lol:

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Digifiend wrote:The Beano was out once a week, so he'd only have to wear them once a week! :lol:
You think he walked around trouserless six days a week and only covered up when he knew the readers were going to be looking? It's possible, I guess. Jimmy the Beanotown flasher...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

No, lol, I meant he'd wear non-time travelling pants on the other six days. Your imagination... :twisted:

matrix

Post by matrix »

Adverts for Sandie, No1 and No3. Nice colour one for No3.
Attachments
Sandie.1.jpg
Sandie.3.000.jpg