The Cats of Carey Street

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

RuthB

The Cats of Carey Street

Post by RuthB »

Does anyone knows who did this story for Misty? It is the story of a girl whose grandmother lives in an old house and as usual the bad guy wants to throw her out of the neighborhood, I think due to speculation and house markets and all that thing and there were undreds of cats helping them (the girl and the grandma).

helsbels

Re: The Cats of Carey Street

Post by helsbels »

Hi Ruth, I don't know who wrote the story, but Mario Capaldi was the artist. I've just been reading "Waifs of the Wigmaker" in my 1975 Tammys and his artwork on that story is stunning.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Thanks a million!! (I don't know why I am not getting the replies to the posts in my mail, I have the square ticked to do so...

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

A lot of art credits for Misty stories (including those by Mario Capaldi) can be found on this very useful list:

http://www.mistycomic.co.uk/Misty/Tales ... error.html

- Phil R.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

that's fantastic, Phil. Now I only hope some of the stories published in Spain kept the original titles only translated. I wish there were identical lists for Jinty and Tammy and so, because most of the romance stories would come from them, I guess. I got something on the wikipedia but not much.