Susie Solomon in 'Bunty'

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Susie Solomon in 'Bunty'

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:Plus Phoenix, aren't you supposed to be working on a book right now? :lol:
Yes I am, Colin, but you know how it is, somebody asks a question, and everyone is groping and floundering around in search of an answer, to such an extent that even the lady who asked the question in the first place, via John, gets so confused that she persuades herself that she definitely read the story in Judy, despite being sure it was in Bunty. What am I supposed to do when I know the answer? Ignore her? Tell her that I'll give her the answer when I come back at the end of March?

I have already ignored a number of posts that I could have responded to. For example, Phil's assumption that Ray Moore might have had some input into Denis Gifford's entry for Supergirl in his book, other than perhaps identifying the artist. It was for that type of contribution that he was acknowledged by Denis. I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure that at the time Ray didn't have any issues of Judy that late in the run, although he had plenty of earlier ones. This is almost certainly yet another example of Denis's inadequate research work, I'm afraid.

Would now be a good time to mention Mandy's 1969 serials about Wonder Girl!, or would that be just a bit too mischievous?

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Susie Solomon in 'Bunty'

Post by Phoenix »

I just need to resurrect briefly this moribund thread. I've been looking through my Thomsons' girls' annuals for any sign of the story about Tina, unsuccessfully I'm afraid, but I have come across a story about Supergirl in the Bunty annual for 1979. Here she is called Susie Solomon. If the lady who made the initial enquiry of John Freeman had read this story, her memory was obviously perfect in every detail.
Attachments
supergirlBann.jpg