Western strips in girls' comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: Western strips in girls' comics

Post by stevezodiac »

The man From U.N.C.L.E. was replaced in Penelope by The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. in its first anniversary issue I think. I carry my U.N.C.L.E. id card with me every day.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I carry my U.N.C.L.E. id card with me every day.
If you are planning to go to Luton today, Steve, it might just come in handy, given what happened in 1985, the last time your team and supporters went there for an FA Cup match. :)

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I got married in 1983 and stopped travelling away with the Lions so missed that. Apparently the average Millwall home crowd back then was 4000 but 8000 turned up at Luton and were squeezed into a space meant for 3000. Hence the umbrage. I've never forgotten when we were passing through a town centre and a shop door opened and dragged a watching young boy backwards into the shop - just like in cowboy films when a gunfight is imminent. (almost back on topic there!)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I was revisiting my Debbie collection and came across this Western serial from 1976:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

The art in that story is bugging me. It reminds me of Trevor Hairsine and a tiny bit of Matias Alonso, but it can't be. Neither is it Ron Smith, Terry Patrick, Dave Gibbons nor Brian Bolland. Does anyone have any idea?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!