Two Mandy stories I want to find

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

peace355

Re: Two Mandy stories I want to find

Post by peace355 »

Here's the ending for you:

So it was a combination of 2 & 4 of your suggested endings. These stories rarely strayed from the formula!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you for that contribution, peace. It will certainly satisfy Tammyfan's curiosity, and frankly it would have been next weekend at the earliest before I could have found enough leisure time to read the story and supply the synopsis. I haven't even fed the Mandys into the system yet, they're still in piles on the lounge floor!!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Peace355!

Well, well, so all Anne had to do was resist the urge to laugh at someone. Sometimes solutions are easier than you think.

Hmm, I wonder who the artist is? He or she was a regular in Mandy for years, but also turned up in Tracy to draw The Mystery of Martine.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Does anyone have the ending to The Cat with 7 Toes?

peace355

Post by peace355 »

The Cat with 7 Toes ended in Mandy #699 (7 June 1980)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Peace!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Someone over at the UK Girls comics index wants to know how "My Awful Sister!", Mandy ? - 1260 (09 March 1991) ended. Does anyone have that information, please? And while we're at it, can anyone say when the serial started?

Thanks for any help.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Someone over at the UK Girls comics index wants to know how "My Awful Sister!", Mandy ? - 1260 (09 March 1991) ended. Does anyone have that information, please? And while we're at it, can anyone say when the serial started?
I can narrow it down for you, Tammyfan. It will be somewhere between 1250 (Dec. 29 1990) and 1252 (Jan. 19 1991). I'll get the information when I next go to the British Library.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Someone over at the UK Girls comics index wants to know how "My Awful Sister!", Mandy ? - 1260 (09 March 1991) ended. Does anyone have that information, please? And while we're at it, can anyone say when the serial started?
I can narrow it down for you, Tammyfan. It will be somewhere between 1250 (Dec. 29 1990) and 1252 (Jan. 19 1991). I'll get the information when I next go to the British Library.
Thank you, Phoenix.

Do you know how it ended or do you have to look that up too?

peace355

Post by peace355 »

It's funny I'm sure I've answered this query someplace else before. I've posted the answer on the site but in case anyone else was wondering how it ended:

Robyn finds out that Kate is not in a terrible home like she said she was. Robyn then finds the children's home that Kate was at before. She meets a girl named Christine there and discovers that she is her real sister, Kate had stolen the locket that she had used to convince Robyn she was her sister. They confront Kate and Robyn's parents find out everything. Robyn is delighted to be united with her real sister Christine.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Thank you, Phoenix. Do you know how it ended or do you have to look that up too?
Unfortunately I couldn't have answered your question, Tammyfan, because I don't have issue 1260. Fortunately peace does though.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Thank you, Phoenix. Do you know how it ended or do you have to look that up too?
Unfortunately I couldn't have answered your question, Tammyfan, because I don't have issue 1260. Fortunately peace does though.
Yes, we've just received an answer as to how it ended, so that part is solved. So we just need the start date now. Thanks for your help there.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Yes, we've just received an answer as to how it ended, so that part is solved. So we just need the start date now. Thanks for your help there.
My Awful Sister! starts in Mandy 1251 (Jan. 5 1991), Tammyfan. I completed my listing of the serials in Mandy from the relevant bound volumes in the British Library a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I didn't have time to read very many of them though.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Yes, we've just received an answer as to how it ended, so that part is solved. So we just need the start date now. Thanks for your help there.
My Awful Sister! starts in Mandy 1251 (Jan. 5 1991), Tammyfan. I completed my listing of the serials in Mandy from the relevant bound volumes in the British Library a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I didn't have time to read very many of them though.
Thank you!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

At the Jinty blog we are trying to find a story called "Blind Bettina", which was mentioned in the new publication, "Remembered Reading" by Mel Gibson. We don't know if it appeared in Mandy or another title. it was about an orphaned pop singer whose only friend was her guide dog, and her cruel uncle & aunt were her theatrical agents.

Information about “Hateful Heather” and “Cathy’s Friend From Yesterday”, two Mandy stories written by Benita Brown and also mentioned in the publication, would be most appreciated as well.