Looking for Ending to Stories

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

peace355

Re: Looking for Ending to Stories

Post by peace355 »

They never got back to me with any more details. Perhaps they couldn't remember anything else about the story or if they did find the story elsewhere they didn't mention.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:They never got back to me with any more details.
But was that because you didn't get back to them to ask for more details or because you only told them that nobody on the forum had found the answer? I'm not being critical, peace, my question just wanted clarity, as does this one.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Just had to double check and refresh my memory, I thought I had asked for more details, but I had just made suggestions. Another person had also made a suggestion and they acknowledged that comment, saying that it didn't jog any memory. But they hadn't made any specific comment on the stories I suggested.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:Just had to double check and refresh my memory, I thought I had asked for more details, but I had just made suggestions. Another person had also made a suggestion and they acknowledged that comment, saying that it didn't jog any memory. But they hadn't made any specific comment on the stories I suggested.
OK, thank you. I suppose that if the serial is to be found at all, it is not purely a question of someone coming across it in their reading, because they would then have to remember that there is a search out for it, and alert us. It is a shame that they couldn't have given us a rough idea when they read it. I'll bear it in mind anyway.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I'd like to know the ending to "I'll Never Forgive You!" This story ran in Bunty 1652 (9 September 1989) to 1661 (11 November 1989). It was about a girl whose relationship with her father sours because he blames her for her mother's accident. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Unfortunately I can't help on this occasion, Briony. It's Sod's Law, I'm afraid, as I have every instalment except the last one!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Unfortunately I can't help on this occasion, Briony. It's Sod's Law, I'm afraid, as I have every instalment except the last one!
Thanks for trying, Phoenix.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Unfortunately I can't help on this occasion, Briony. It's Sod's Law, I'm afraid, as I have every instalment except the last one!
Peacecom has kindly provided me with scans. I am now forwarding them so you can see the ending too. I quite like this ending - it is a more realistic ending than those trite cliches of parents getting shocked to their senses with the girl running off or getting run over, which I have seen so many times. Instead, we get a powerful message about how things are so much better for everyone when you do forgive, because you just make things even worse if you don't.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Does anyone have the ending to "For Sam's Sake", which began in Bunty #2128, 24 October 1998, please? I also need the issue number and date. Thank you.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone have the ending to "For Sam's Sake", which began in Bunty #2128, 24 October 1998, please? I also need the issue number and date.
Yes, I have the relevant issues, Briony. I'll look them out tomorrow morning and give you the details you want.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone have the ending to "For Sam's Sake", which began in Bunty #2128, 24 October 1998, please? I also need the issue number and date.
Yes, I have the relevant issues, Briony. I'll look them out tomorrow morning and give you the details you want.
Thanks, Phoenix!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The photo serial For Sam's Sake ends in Bunty 2137 (Dec. 26 1998). In the penultimate instalment Carla Sanders's lies get both Sam and Anna into trouble on the same day in order to ensure that not only will neither of them be allowed to go to Disneyland Paris with her and her family but they will also be sent back to the children's home. First she orders Sam to pour some soapy water into their fishpond, totally ignoring the boy's protest that the fish won't like it. The fish are rescued, but whereas Anna will not blame Carla because she knows that Sam likes his foster parents Mr and Mrs Sanders, Sam tells Mrs Sanders that Carla had told him to do it. She doesn't believe him. Later Carla hides her mother's engagement ring in a drawer in Anna's room. When it is found Mr Sanders rings Mrs Burton, the social worker, to ask her to collect Anna and Sam and take them back to the children's home because he can't trust Anna, who even then will not split on Carla.

In the final instalment the children visit their mother in the hospital. She seems very much better and tells her children that the doctor thinks she will be able to go home soon. Sam tells his mother that Anna didn't steal the ring so Anna has to tell her mother the full story. The children spend that night in the children's home but the following morning their mother turns up to take them straight home as she hadn't had any idea Anna had been so unhappy. As the children go off to pack their things they overhear a conversation between Mr Sanders and the social worker. He wants to apologise for accusing Anna of theft. It turns out that a boy called Lee had overheard Carla boasting to his sister about how she had finally got rid of Anna and Sam. Mr and Mrs Sanders are furious with Carla and tell her that she doesn't need to expect any expensive Christmas presents that year. Presumably Disneyland Paris will be off too!! A few days later it looks as if Anna and Lee might be getting together.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Phoenix.

Hmm, I don't know about you, but I think the parents need to take a much firmer line with Carla than the punishment Mr Sanders mentioned.