Cat Girl villain

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Jane1

Cat Girl villain

Post by Jane1 »

Can anyone confirm if there was a villain in any Cat Girl stories known just by his initial - I think it may have been 'X'.

RuthB

Re: Cat Girl villain

Post by RuthB »

Yes, X was one of them and the Eagle the other one

Jane1

Post by Jane1 »

Ruth,
Thanks for that, I could remember Eagle but can't actually remember any story lines where X was the villain. I know Cat Girl was occasionally kidnapped by the Eagle and his gang, while she was even brain washed by them in one story. Do you know if X ever rendered Cat Girl helpless and kidnapped her. It was worth Cat Girl being taken prisoner just to see her James Bond like escapes!

Thanks,
Jane

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

I will have a look at all my stories (have them all) and check the plot

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

I have been looking at the Cat girl comics I have in the thardback collection "Joyas Literarias Juveniles Serie Azul) I have here but I have not seen X or have missed it (it could be missed in translation too as I can see that the one you refer as Sorro or Zorro or Soro was called El Lince in Spain (The Lynx)but I would have to review the episodes that appeared in Lily magazine because some of them were not reprinted in that hardback collection. And I would like to review the Sally annuals that I have too.

In any case, the only recurrent villain is the Eagle. X only appeared in one, same as that Lynx/sorro or the Sultan or the Sheik... and literaly in all of her adventures she manages to get trapped/kidnapped... will come back with update when I have the chance.

Jane1

Post by Jane1 »

Ruth,
Thanks for that, I hadn't realised she got kidnapped so often, although I was surprised Cat Girl didn't occasionally get knocked out by the villains.

Jane

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

She got even hypnotized in an episode! By the way, the author's son is or was in this forum too. I have been looking for information about him for a long long time and he gave me all info so kindly!

Jane1

Post by Jane1 »

Ruth,
Yes, the hypnosis one was quite interesting. After the Eagle had kidnapped Cat Girl and took her to his H.Q., she was handed over to one of Eagle's female associates. She is then forced to remove her cat suit and becomes dizzy and faint after having a bright light shone in her eyes. Cat Girl then falls into a hypnotic trance and is forced to obey the Eagle! Interesting to hear about the writers son.

Thanks,
Jane

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

RuthB wrote:Sorro or Zorro or Soro was called El Lince in Spain (The Lynx)
Not at all an unreasonable rendering of Zorro as el zorro means the fox. The feminine la zorra obviously means the vixen, but it also doubles up colloquially as the whore. :)