Spanish artists working in UK girls' & romance comics

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

marckie73

Re: Spanish artists working in UK girls' & romance comics

Post by marckie73 »

It seems a lot of the information is similar to that on this blog, which has got information on even more artists: http://deskartesmil.blogspot.nl/

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Thanks marckie, always happy to get new links. The tebeosdefacturahispana site is one of the most well known and I've been using it for years to collect Franco regime Spanish landscape comics. They shove that info. on site from time to time and if you go to the main site you'll see thaer are lots of artists listed, although they didn't all work on British publications. Need to make time to read through the entries on your link. Great stuff. Thanks again.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

The trouble with Spanish artists is that so many of them go by a whole string of different names and nicknames - on top of which a remarkable number of them seem to share the same last name. For example, one of my favourite Spider artists has been identified as 'Ortega' - yet in spite of his distinctive style I've never been able to work out which of the many Ortegas he was!