Looking for story from annual

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

peace355

Looking for story from annual

Post by peace355 »

Another question on the site looking for a story from an annual:

"A gothic horror comic story with a guy who was lured away from a dark ?carpark by the enticing movement nearby of mysterious ?vampires that he followed & who then ambushed him & he disappeared. His girlfriend Cathy looks for him &, to her horror, encounters her boyfriend as a ?vampire himself with the others. Fabulous graphics (colours of purple & black from memory) , scary story as a child,

It was definitely in a colour annual with photos. Pretty sure it would have been either June or Diana annual around 1976 – 1978. There may have been a tiny colour photo in the annual of a girl sitting on a rock on a beach with a heading/story called “Just Justin and me”."

I don't have any June and Diana annuals from that time, does it sound familiar to anyone else?

Tammyfan

Re: Looking for story from annual

Post by Tammyfan »

Haven't seen it, but I think a Diana annual is far more likely to have it. I very much doubt June would run anything like that in her annuals.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

I can check my Diana Annuals and come back to you, but I also have a suspicion it may have come from a Pink Annual. I no longer have them, but I scanned the stories to keep.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The story is Skeletons In The Cupboard, a Man In Black story on pages 104-110 of the 1976 Diana annual. Just Justin And Me with the photo of the girl sitting on the rock is on page 75.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Great stuff, Phoenix!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thought it would be a Diana annual.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Thanks Phoenix!