Reprinted stories in Princess Mk.2

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Reprinted stories in Princess Mk.2

Post by Tammyfan »

Does anyone have the last page for the first issue of Princess 2? I've just acquired the issue, but the back page is missing. Someone must have cut it out for the Princess Di pinup. Many thanks for any help.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone have the last page for the first issue of Princess 2? I've just acquired the issue, but the back page is missing. Someone must have cut it out for the Princess Di pinup. Many thanks for any help.

Hi Briony. What story is it that is on the missing page? I have Princess stories scanned separately so I can probably help you. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

helsbels wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone have the last page for the first issue of Princess 2? I've just acquired the issue, but the back page is missing. Someone must have cut it out for the Princess Di pinup. Many thanks for any help.

Hi Briony. What story is it that is on the missing page? I have Princess stories scanned separately so I can probably help you. :)
I presume it must be Sadie in Waiting.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I'd help if I could but I've checked and no.2 is my earliest issue.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

philcom55 wrote:I'd help if I could but I've checked and no.2 is my earliest issue.
Thank you for trying.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Hi Briony - if it is a Sadie In Waiting strip I won't have it - I only scanned the serials in Princess. Sorry I can't help.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

helsbels wrote:Hi Briony - if it is a Sadie In Waiting strip I won't have it - I only scanned the serials in Princess. Sorry I can't help.
Thank you. It must be Sadie in Waiting on the missing page then.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

It is Sadie In Waiting on the inside of the missing page of Princess. A full-page photograph of Princess Diana is on the rear cover. In order to be sure I went yesterday to see an ex-teaching colleague from whom I had borrowed the full run of 28 issues a year or more back to answer a previous query from Tammyfan. She was sure that she knew where they were but I was there the best part of three hours, half an hour of which was a break for coffee, and we still couldn't find them. She's not too good on her legs these days so I went up step ladders in three different bedrooms on a seek-and-ye-shall-find basis, rummaging through all sorts of boxes and files, nothing too private, mainly photographs. To cut a long story short, everywhere that Barbara said they might be, they weren't. So, more coffee and chat, and then I came home.

This morning she rang me, "I've found them!" I walked round there more or less straightaway to discover that they had been in the bottom drawer of a wardrobe that she had checked yesterday. I didn't stay too long today as there were a few things I needed to do, but when I said I would scan every page and get them back to her by Monday without fail she told me that her daughter who owned the comics, and who she had rung up last night, had told her to give them to me as she had no further use for them. She did just that, so if anyone has any further queries I should be able to answer them. On a 'one good turn deserves another' basis I told her that I would give her a copy of both my books. What she'll make of them is anybody's guess.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Wow, thank you Phoenix! That was a bit unexpected. :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Wow, thank you Phoenix! That was a bit unexpected. :D
Well, even when you think you know somebody, you can still be surprised by them. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Does anyone have scans of the final episode of Suzy and Snowdrop (Princess 14 January 1984) and part 9 of Mr Evans the Talking Rabbit (Princess 19 November 1983), please? Many thanks for any help.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone have scans of the final episode of Suzy and Snowdrop (Princess 14 January 1984) and part 9 of Mr Evans the Talking Rabbit (Princess 19 November 1983), please?
Yes, I have both of them, Briony, as you well know, but I won't have enough time to do the scans before Sunday afternoon as between now and then I have a number of appointments with people who wish to view my house. The sooner I can up sticks and move to Cornwall the better I shall like it. If you need them earlier than that maybe someone else will be able to help.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you for your reply, Phoenix.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Suzy And Snowdrop (final episode).
Attachments
S&S1.jpg
S&S2.jpg
S&S3.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Mr Evans The Talking Rabbit (from issue 9)
Attachments
MrEv!.jpg
MrEv2.jpg
MrEv3.jpg