Looking for Story information

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

peace355

Looking for Story information

Post by peace355 »

I'm doing a post on Debbie story "Willa Will Dance" and I'm missing issue #81. Would anyone have scan or short summary of that episode, mostly I'm wondering what the connection between Lady Tara and Willa's mother was?

Also wondering "The Boy Next Door" that started in Judy #1528 (22 April 1989), when did it finish?

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Looking for Story information

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:Also wondering "The Boy Next Door" that started in Judy #1528 (22 April 1989), when did it finish?
The Boy Next Door ends in Judy 1537 (Jun. 24 1989).
peace355 wrote:I'm doing a post on Debbie story "Willa Will Dance" and I'm missing issue #81. Would anyone have scan or short summary of that episode, mostly I'm wondering what the connection between Lady Tara and Willa's mother was?
See below, peace, for the scans of Willa Will Dance in issue 81 of Debbie.
Attachments
WillaWD81a.jpg
WillaWD81b.jpg
WillaWD81c.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Well done, Phoenix. I helped provide scans too.

What a nasty girl that Sue is, picking Willa to be her foster sister because she thought Willa was the type who could never upstage her. She wasn't going to show Willa any love.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Yes, as a general rule, foster sisters in DCT's girls' stories do seem to get the mucky end of the stick, as we say up here in Lancashire. :)

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Thanks very much Phoenix. It's makes a change to see that Willa's dancing talent doesn't come from a genetic reason, and that the connection with Lady Tara isn't some long lost relative.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Yes, as a general rule, foster sisters in DCT's girls' stories do seem to get the mucky end of the stick, as we say up here in Lancashire. :)
But in some cases the foster girl gives the mucky end of the stick, not gets it. You know, the ones who play nasty tricks to push the resident girl out. Stories like The Truth about Tricia in Judy or Looking after Lois in Bunty.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Stories like .../...Looking after Lois in Bunty.
Just so long as my nine-year-old granddaughter Lois doesn't get the mucky end of any sticks. I would be :shock: and very, very :x . I'm driving down to Cornwall soon for her tenth birthday. I'll take her to Truro so that she can choose her birthday present there. I can see her itinerary already, Burger King, Claire's Accessories, Debenhams, Next, Topshop, British Home Stores, Subway, two or three rides on the roundabout, Truro museum, briefly, and then home. I'd better not forget my bank card! At least she lends me her tablet so that I can access Comics UK.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...If British Home Stores is still there! :(

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:...If British Home Stores is still there! :(
If I think on, Phil, when I get back I'll post an update to the section of my post relating to the BHS in Truro, and possibly, if it isn't too embarrassing, one letting people know what I bought Lolo. Last year I got her a bike. It cost a hundred notes but it was in a sale with a 50% reduction, and she goes out on it most days. The big day is in August so she's about the youngest in her year, but she's also the fastest. I've seen the recording of her race on her school sports day. She won by a street. Her six-year-old brother, Alex, won his race easily too. They are just so competitive. I don't think they enter the three-legged race because their partners would end up being dragged along the ground for at least eighty of the hundred yards. :lol:

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Uh, Peace's entry on Willa is up now.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Peace's entry on Willa is up now.
Thank you, Briony, yes I have seen it.

I need to report today that I woke up this morning and promptly decided to take some time out from Comics UK. I am involved with a demanding creative project that I have already mentioned somewhere on the forum, yet I am constantly allowing myself to be sidetracked, usually trying to respond to queries raised by other members. It is all too time-consuming but I am well aware that it is all my own fault because I don't actually have to respond at all. I also know that there are other members who can deal with these queries just as well as I can. I can't say at this moment how long the break will last but it will be a good while, maybe a year or more. I will continue to follow the threads but as of this moment and for the foreseeable future I will only send and reply to PMs.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Well thanks for all your help and good luck with your own project!
Last edited by peace355 on 13 Jul 2016, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Guess I'll have to stick to entries on stories that I have entire or near to it now. But thank you for all your help, Phoenix!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:...If British Home Stores is still there!
The Guardian reports today that BHS in Truro will close next Saturday.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Another question; when did the text story "Cinderella of the Orphanage" start in Bunty. I know it ended #173 (6 May 1961)