Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Phoenix's Future Plans 
Author Message
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
For Information Purposes

Several months ago I decided on the title for my next book. It will be called BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, the subtitle being The Great Stories. Prior to this post the only member aware of this was Ray Moore, with whom I have been discussing the book over the best part of a year, from well before I chose the title. I realise that there appears to be a fair degree of hyperbole in the subtitle but it can't possibly do its sales any harm, and in any case it clearly implies that those stories that are featured are the creme de la creme from the eleven story papers. Conversely it obviously suggests that those stories that I do not consider great will not be featured, although I will be as generous as I can be as I classify them all.

I've been reading up recently about copyright regulations, in which I have discovered that revealing my title on a public platform such as ComicsUK is enough to establish my copyright rights, not that I have any actual fears about anyone else intending to use the title of course, but I have done this to be on the safe side.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 6934
Reply with quote
Good title!

_________________
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/


Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
Lew Stringer wrote:
Good title!
Thanks, Lew. I do realise that it is a while off but you will get a review copy.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 6934
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:
Good title!
Thanks, Lew. I do realise that it is a while off but you will get a review copy.


Thank you. I'm cutting back on reviews next year but I'm always happy to review your books.

_________________
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/


Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
Lew Stringer wrote:
I'm always happy to review your books.
:up: :up:


Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:00 am
Posts: 280
Location: York
Reply with quote
Hi Phoenix. I have twenty of the comics you listed, as follows:

1984 - 1297, 1299, 1300

1985 - 1317, 1319, 1320

1988 - 1467, 1481, 1487

1989 - 1532, 1533, 1536, 1542, 1550, 1553

1990 - 1591, 1593, 1594

1991 - 1622, 1632

I will have to look through them to see if there are any faults to report like missing pages or pen marks, but as far as I know offhand they're all in complete and good condition. I'll have a look when I get the chance and report back to you.

Hope this helps.


Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 pm
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
helsbels wrote:
I will have to look through them to see if there are any faults to report like missing pages or pen marks, but as far as I know offhand they're all in complete and good condition. I'll have a look when I get the chance and report back to you.
There is no need for you to worry about pen marks and suchlike, Helen, and I'm not going to be that bothered about the odd missing page. All you really need to do is to parcel them up and post them to me. I will obviously pay you in advance once you tell me how much they total up to. You could send me a PayPal invoice if that would be easier for you. Do you still have my address?


Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:00 am
Posts: 280
Location: York
Reply with quote
Hello Phoenix - I don't have your address or email address any more. If you'd like to send me those in a message I can invoice you via paypal.


Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
helsbels wrote:
Hello Phoenix - I don't have your address or email address any more. If you'd like to send me those in a message I can invoice you via paypal.
Hi Helen, I'm not really surprised that you don't still have my details. I'll send them to you in a PM in a few minutes.


Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 pm
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
helsbels wrote:
Hi Phoenix. I have twenty of the comics you listed
Your parcel was delivered just after lunch, Helen. I've inspected all the comics, which are in really good condition, and I have now fed them into my collection. Thank you so much. I did make a list of their content during a visit to the British Library many moons ago but having seen the stories and having remembered them are two quite different matters, so it is good to be able to refer to them again, and eventually to write an accurate three-line synopsis for any serials within them, such as The Girl Who Could Do Anything, and Ma's Kids that should make the cut for my next book, BUNTY AND HER SISTERS. :D


Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:00 am
Posts: 280
Location: York
Reply with quote
Brilliant! Glad the comics arrived safely and were of use. :cheers:


Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:50 pm
Posts: 1445
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
For Information Purposes

Several months ago I decided on the title for my next book. It will be called BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, the subtitle being The Great Stories. Prior to this post the only member aware of this was Ray Moore, with whom I have been discussing the book over the best part of a year, from well before I chose the title. I realise that there appears to be a fair degree of hyperbole in the subtitle but it can't possibly do its sales any harm, and in any case it clearly implies that those stories that are featured are the creme de la creme from the eleven story papers. Conversely it obviously suggests that those stories that I do not consider great will not be featured, although I will be as generous as I can be as I classify them all.

I've been reading up recently about copyright regulations, in which I have discovered that revealing my title on a public platform such as ComicsUK is enough to establish my copyright rights, not that I have any actual fears about anyone else intending to use the title of course, but I have done this to be on the safe side.

I like the title and will no doubt be buying one as i do like reading british comics reference books though i don't have any girls comics apart from misty and the few Judy's you very kindly sent me.


Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:41 am
Posts: 1651
Reply with quote
I like the title too! :D


Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 am
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4795
Reply with quote
I have already started putting the list together. There are 5164 serials across the eleven titles and I am aiming to select about 2500 of them. They would require 193 pages at 13 synopses to a page. An Introduction, heading block illustrations, and some pages of front covers will add more substance. Whether an index of titles will be required will depend entirely on whether I present the synopses in alphabetical order or not. Those of you who have a copy of This Was The Wizard will be able to get a reasonable idea of my current thinking on the matter.


Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.