Phoenix's Future Plans

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Phoenix's Future Plans

Post by Phoenix »

As Ray seems to be hiding his light under a bushel, I must extract it to reveal what he has achieved so far.
Attachments
BofTheBeezer.jpg
BeanoDvol1.jpg
DandyMonIndex.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Oh, and inevitably there's more, culminating, so far, in our collaboration on The Wizard.
Attachments
MagicInd.jpg
TopperTales.jpg
TWTheWizard.jpg

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Would somebody please be good enough to let me know if there is a Damian Darke story in Spellbound 65 (Dec. 17 1977). It's the only issue of Spellbound that I haven't got. There isn't one in 64, and the story in 66 (Dec. 24 1977) could just be a Christmas one-off as there isn't one in 67 or 69, the final issue before its amalgamation with Debbie. The fact that there is one in 68 just makes me wonder. Thank you in advance for an answer.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Would somebody please be good enough to let me know if there is a Damian Darke story in Spellbound 65 (Dec. 17 1977). It's the only issue of Spellbound that I haven't got. There isn't one in 64, and the story in 66 (Dec. 24 1977) could just be a Christmas one-off as there isn't one in 67 or 69, the final issue before its amalgamation with Debbie. The fact that there is one in 68 just makes me wonder. Thank you in advance for an answer.
I just had a look and no, there isn't.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you very much, Briony for that information, and so quickly too. I now have complete lists, with dates and issue numbers, of the serials in Spellbound, Emma, Judy and Mandy. I'll tackle Diana next, and then Debbie. As I got well into the run of Debbie last year I imagine the pair of them will probably take me four to five weeks all told. :D

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Thank you very much, Briony for that information, and so quickly too.
You're welcome! :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

In Diana, does The Story Of The Ballet Giselle start in issue 2 or issue 3? I'm missing 2 but no other until 51. Any help appreciated.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

'Giselle' begins in Diana No 2, Derek.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you, Ray. I can now go and watch the Real Madrid v Barcelona match in a satisfied state of mind.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Just a brief update. The planned history of Adventure that Kashgar and I are going to produce, though not yet started, will be up and running at some point next week. I have also decided that my planned history of the eleven titles for girls produced by DCT is just too enormous a task, and furthermore would require a book of several hundred pages to do it justice, so given that I have been given by David Roach a complete list of the artists of the serial stories in Bunty, and I have only 150 issues missing from the full run, the content of all of which I have noted down during visits to the British Library, logic says that must be my next book. Needless to say, David will be given joint authorial billing as Ray was for the same reason on This Was The Wizard.

I am at this moment enjoying the sunshine outside a cafe in Hayle in West Cornwall. Last night I took my granddaughter Lois out for a meal. It was only to the Brewers Fayre but we had a laugh and as reasonable a meal as they normally serve up. Tonight it is ballet so I will have an hour in the Badger while I'm waiting for her. I'll take a book with me this time as last time I had to make do with the Sun, the newspaper that no self-respecting Merseysider with an interest in football would ever buy.
Last edited by Phoenix on 17 Jul 2017, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Certainly Bunty will be a full book on it's own :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:Certainly Bunty will be a full book on it's own :)
Bunty, Judy and Mandy have such long runs I was beginning to wonder if they should have their own separate history volumes: The Complete History of Bunty, The Complete History of Mandy...you get the idea.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i would get those girls books and they would probably entice me to hunt down the comics after i finish buster and whizzer and chips.i wish those topper,dandy, beezer etc books would be reprinted too,

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I'm back in the Badger, fortunately for just 45 minutes as Lois is only doing tap dancing tonight. I will just have time for one pint of Tribute before she'll want driving home.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I set off from Hayle at lunchtime, 12.30 to be precise. Back home again at 8.15 this evening. It should have been a lot earlier but some sections of the A30, parts of the M5, and virtually the entire length of the stretch of the M6 that I needed to use, from Hilton Park to the turnoff for the M62, had a 50 mph speed restriction. Not to worry. I should have my house on the market by Wednesday. I want to be down there permanently as soon as possible. Then I won't need to bother with the M6 ever again!