Phoenix's Future Plans

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Phoenix's Future Plans

Post by Tammyfan »

Detestable Della - Bunty
The Land of Nowhere - Bunty. Not actually read it bar one episode, but I’ve heard so much about it
Bobby Dazzler - Judy

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I’m sure there’ll be a vote for The Secrets of Charlie Chatterbox from Bunty.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

When Harry Dumped Sally - Bunty http://girlscomicsofyesterday.com/2017/ ... ally-1995/
The Guilt of Glendora - Bunty. Not read the whole thing, but I liked what I have seen of it.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:The story about the Frightful Fours was rather good, I remember from earlier posts on this forum;
They were actually called The Frightening Fours, Jenni, and I agree with you that it was a fine, and very unusual story.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
comixminx wrote:The story about the Frightful Fours was rather good, I remember from earlier posts on this forum;
They were actually called The Frightening Fours, Jenni, and I agree with you that it was a fine, and very unusual story.
Hey, I like that title: “The Frightful Fours”! :lol: Ties in with what they are normally like!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

“Nothing Ever Goes Right!” (Judy) is a bit distressing for me, but Judy regarded it as one of her best.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

“Tina at Tumble Towers” from Bunty was one of my favourites. I loved the way things backfired on the saboteur at times! :lol:
http://girlscomicsofyesterday.com/2015/ ... le-towers/

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

How about "Gameplay" from M&J? An evil computer game sure is a cool idea for a serial. Takes the threat of computer viruses to a whole new level.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

“Rosie’s Revenge” from Judy was a popular whodunnit I believe, and I liked the twist when the thief was revealed to be none other than...oh, why spoil it. But it really was a surprise.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:
Thanks for the correction - I wrote my comment quickly without checking :)
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

"I'll Never Forgive You!" was a very well thought out one from Bunty in my view. I liked the way Carol got so fed up of her father being way too hard on her, not letting go of his bitterness, and not responding to her every effort to reach out to him that she just went off and did something crazy. Then, when she finally speaks out at the way he is treating her, he and his wife use her birthday to patch things up. It's not the usual running off or having a road accident to make the errant parent wake up.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

As others have mentioned The Frightening Fours, Gameplay, The Seeker, Nothing Ever Goes Right, Down with St Desmonds and The Secrets of Charlie Chatterbox I think are worthy additions.

A personal favourite of mine was Strange Neighbours (M&J) but that may be because the ending stuck with for years!

I'd also like to add Sorry Sue (M&J), The Locked Room (Judy), The Double Life of Sad Sarah (Mandy), Duel of the Dolls (Bunty), Beware the Mystery Dolls (Spellbound), Wendy's Web (M&J) and The Power of Eve Black (Nikki)

Skeleton Corner / Damian Darke I think deserve a mention too as they often rivaled Misty with the short horror stories.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I expect The Four Marys, Luv, Lisa, The Comp, Penny’s Place and Valda are already in.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thank you for all your suggestions to date. I'll check tomorrow morning but I'm pretty sure I've listed all of them already. :up:

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:Thank you for all your suggestions to date. I'll check tomorrow morning but I'm pretty sure I've listed all of them already. :up:
Ah, so we pretty much agree with your choices eh? Excellent! :D