Spellbound reprint

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Helen Fay

Spellbound reprint

Post by Helen Fay »

After the disappointment that was the non-appearance of a digital reissue of Spellbound, there has been no news on what is happening with this. There was such a hype on Twitter about it and I was so looking forward to it. Now if I check the web to see what's going on, there seems to be no way of finding anything out.

Does anyone know how to find out from DCT what's happening?

peace355

Re: Spellbound reprint

Post by peace355 »

No official word yet, though Colcool said in another thread that it was supposed to be re-released sometime this year.

If DCT plan to do more reprints I don't think this is a good start, whatever the reasons for pulling it, a short statement saying it would be re-released later would have been appreciated. To announce it and then take all information down is very odd, not a great way to build customer confidence.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Peace, Helen, I know there is something going on in the background but I don't want to push too hard. I will be speaking with someone who might be in the know a week on Saturday at the Swap Meet. If I have any news I can give you, I will post on here.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Helen Fay

Post by Helen Fay »

Colcool, thank you. As Peace says it's a shame there was no information forthcoming about why the project was pulled and if there would be a publication in the future.

Fingers crossed!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

While this possible future reprint of SPELLBOUND is of some interest, Helen, and given that you seem to be looking forward to its publication, I'm wondering if there is any particular reason why you have not already bought the full run in its original printing as a weekly story paper, even if the copies are, or were, second-hand. Of course, if the full run is now being printed in the form of a book, that I would understand.