Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday site. 
Author Message
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
It is 12.35 a.m. and after two attempts to log in I have to report that I am currently unable to access the girlscomicsofyesterday site. The explanatory page suggests that perhaps the IP address has changed, or perhaps there has been a server misconfiguration, or maybe the site has moved to a different server. Sorry to disturb you, Lorraine, but could you shine any light on this please. You may need to contact your hosting provider webmaster@girlscomicsofyesterday.com.


06 Feb 2017, 01:34
Profile

Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41
Posts: 1781
Reply with quote
Oh, you've noticed too, eh? :D


06 Feb 2017, 01:57
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 22:32
Posts: 298
Location: Uk
Reply with quote
The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon!

_________________
http://girlscomicsofyesterday.com/


06 Feb 2017, 10:17
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation in your PM, Briony. I look forward to its return, hopefully later today or sometime tomorrow. I find it a valuable resource. :D


06 Feb 2017, 10:18
Profile
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
peace355 wrote:
The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon
Thank you for your response too, Lorraine.


06 Feb 2017, 10:21
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 22:32
Posts: 298
Location: Uk
Reply with quote
The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week.

People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this

_________________
http://girlscomicsofyesterday.com/


06 Feb 2017, 16:13
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
peace355 wrote:
The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week. People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this.
Browsing history cleared, site now accessible. Thanks, Lorraine.


06 Feb 2017, 18:02
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 19:13
Posts: 1215
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Reply with quote
Yes, it's an excellent site and a as Phoenix notes, a valuable resource. I had no trouble getting in and access via Opera was fast as you like.


06 Feb 2017, 18:36
Profile
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
paw broon wrote:
access via Opera was fast as you like
I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)


06 Feb 2017, 20:29
Profile

Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41
Posts: 1781
Reply with quote
I can't access the site on my iPhone or tablet. How do you clear the history there?


07 Feb 2017, 10:43
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2006, 18:30
Posts: 483
Reply with quote
Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.


07 Feb 2017, 13:09
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 19:13
Posts: 1215
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Reply with quote
"I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)" Phoenix

Never having visited Madrid, and being a train/tram/metro fan, I have to thank you for the info. on the Metro system :D
However, if you haven't tried it, Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.


07 Feb 2017, 14:51
Profile

Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41
Posts: 1781
Reply with quote
koollectablz wrote:
Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.

Thank you, it's better now.


07 Feb 2017, 19:48
Profile
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5030
Reply with quote
paw broon wrote:
Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.


07 Feb 2017, 23:41
Profile

Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41
Posts: 1781
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
paw broon wrote:
Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.

I like Firefox too, though on occasion I have found it does not work with some sites and I have to use a different web browser.


09 Feb 2017, 05:47
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.