Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday site.

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday site.

Post by Phoenix »

It is 12.35 a.m. and after two attempts to log in I have to report that I am currently unable to access the girlscomicsofyesterday site. The explanatory page suggests that perhaps the IP address has changed, or perhaps there has been a server misconfiguration, or maybe the site has moved to a different server. Sorry to disturb you, Lorraine, but could you shine any light on this please. You may need to contact your hosting provider webmaster@girlscomicsofyesterday.com.

Tammyfan

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Tammyfan »

Oh, you've noticed too, eh? :D

peace355

Post by peace355 »

The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks for the explanation in your PM, Briony. I look forward to its return, hopefully later today or sometime tomorrow. I find it a valuable resource. :D

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon
Thank you for your response too, Lorraine.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week.

People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week. People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this.
Browsing history cleared, site now accessible. Thanks, Lorraine.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Yes, it's an excellent site and a as Phoenix notes, a valuable resource. I had no trouble getting in and access via Opera was fast as you like.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

paw broon wrote:access via Opera was fast as you like
I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I can't access the site on my iPhone or tablet. How do you clear the history there?

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

"I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)" Phoenix

Never having visited Madrid, and being a train/tram/metro fan, I have to thank you for the info. on the Metro system :D
However, if you haven't tried it, Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

koollectablz wrote:Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.
Thank you, it's better now.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

paw broon wrote:Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
paw broon wrote:Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.
I like Firefox too, though on occasion I have found it does not work with some sites and I have to use a different web browser.