Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special

Post by Tammyfan »

Breaking news: Scream and Misty are going to return in a combined Halloween special this November! Check out the details at https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG17 ... ktYk.email

philcom55

Re: Scream and Misty Halloweeen Special

Post by philcom55 »

Intriguing news indeed Tammyfan. My first thought on seeing your post was that Lou had beaten you to it, but it occurs to me that some people might only look at the Girls' Comics thread so it's a good idea to flag this up here as well.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I look at all sections of the forum though mainly the general comics discussion and the comic titles. admittedly the other sections less often.and very rarely the non comics discussion and main site as that rarely seems to get updated and wont let me conribute covers etc.i have tried countless times to even put an avatar up :lol:
I never looked at the girls section for years but i am taking an interest in girls comics since buying a near complete run of Misty (issue 2 never seems to appear on ebay though) :(

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

"Return of the Sentinels" is the one I will turn to first! :D I wonder what aspect of the original the sequel will address? :?: The fate of alt-Richards after he replaced his double in the Gestapo cell, maybe? Or maybe the Sentinel not as depowered as Mr Richards thought and the destruction of its counterpart producing some side effects?
Last edited by Tammyfan on 21 Jul 2017, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

big bad bri wrote:I look at all sections of the forum though mainly the general comics discussion and the comic titles. admittedly the other sections less often.and very rarely the non comics discussion and main site as that rarely seems to get updated and wont let me conribute covers etc.i have tried countless times to even put an avatar up :lol:
I never looked at the girls section for years but i am taking an interest in girls comics since buying a near complete run of Misty (issue 2 never seems to appear on ebay though) :(
Why not put up your own website?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The Thirteenth Floor was my favourite from Scream! Great to see it return.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I hope this proves popular enough to become a regular thing every Halloween. As you've shown an admirable facility with words and a genuine love of the genre in your many contributions to the Jinty blog and elsewhere Tammyfan I really think you ought to try submitting a script proposal of your own to Rebellion - possibly revisiting an old Misty story or serial that made a particular impression on you in the way they are doing with The Sentinels. :)

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

philcom55 wrote:I hope this proves popular enough to become a regular thing every Halloween. As you've shown an admirable facility with words and a genuine love of the genre in your many contributions to the Jinty blog and elsewhere Tammyfan I really think you ought to try submitting a script proposal of your own to Rebellion - possibly revisiting an old Misty story or serial that made a particular impression on you in the way they are doing with The Sentinels. :)
That's a good idea, thank you very much. But we have to see if it becomes a regular first and won't be a one-off. Plus, will Rebellion be open to public submissions?

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

philcom55 wrote:I hope this proves popular enough to become a regular thing every Halloween. As you've shown an admirable facility with words and a genuine love of the genre in your many contributions to the Jinty blog and elsewhere Tammyfan I really think you ought to try submitting a script proposal of your own to Rebellion - possibly revisiting an old Misty story or serial that made a particular impression on you in the way they are doing with The Sentinels. :)

every halloween ! no i'm greedy and need every week or fortnight :lol:

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

big bad bri wrote:

every halloween ! no i'm greedy and need every week or fortnight :lol:
A monthly might be more practical and easier on the creative team. But yes, if it becomes regular I hope it appears more often than Halloween.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The parallel-world Nazis wonder what might be in store for them in "Return of the Sentinels". :D

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Tammyfan wrote:The parallel-world Nazis wonder what might be in store for them in "Return of the Sentinels". :D

:D

Let's hope they get a good pasting if so!
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

comixminx wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:The parallel-world Nazis wonder what might be in store for them in "Return of the Sentinels". :D

:D

Let's hope they get a good pasting if so!
Personally, I hope the Gestapo officer there does come back in the follow up. I'd like to see more of him. And yes, a big (unpleasant) surprise in store for him would be fantastic!
Last edited by Tammyfan on 16 Aug 2017, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

The parallel-world Nazis continue to discuss the upcoming "Return of the Sentinels" :D

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Pre-ordering is now available

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCS1751