Scream & Misty Halloween Special, Volume II.

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Scream & Misty Halloween Special, Volume II.

Post by Tammyfan »

The Scream and Misty Special is back for a second round https://downthetubes.net/?p=99362. Black Max and Max the Computer return, and there is a new character. There are no details on the Tales from the Mist that will appear. But I sure hope Hannah Berry was able to write another followup to The Sentinels as she hoped for!

peace355

Re: Scream & Misty Halloween Special, Volume II.

Post by peace355 »

It's now available for pre-order on the rebellion website. http://2000ad.com/
Two covers available.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Ordered!

Retro1972

Post by Retro1972 »

Got my copy in Redhill Smiths today. Read one of the Misty short stories. Pretty good.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

I noticed majority female protagonists even in the "Scream" stories.

Bookworm I was already familiar with, Mint Condition I didn't realise was a reprint at first, I really liked that story, so glad they decided to reprint.

I think one of the biggest problems with this is that a lot of the stories are set up as continuation rather than completes, which would be great if it was coming out monthly or something instead of yearly, but maybe the goal is to have it come out more frequently, which would be good. Thirteenth Floor, Black Max, (both continuing from last year) joined by Decomposition Jones and Black Beth all seem to be set for regular series.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:I noticed majority female protagonists even in the "Scream" stories.

Bookworm I was already familiar with, Mint Condition I didn't realise was a reprint at first, I really liked that story, so glad they decided to reprint.

I think one of the biggest problems with this is that a lot of the stories are set up as continuation rather than completes, which would be great if it was coming out monthly or something instead of yearly, but maybe the goal is to have it come out more frequently, which would be good. Thirteenth Floor, Black Max, (both continuing from last year) joined by Decomposition Jones and Black Beth all seem to be set for regular series.
They are reprinting Mint Condition from the fanzine Misty Special?

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Tammyfan wrote: They are reprinting Mint Condition from the fanzine Misty Special?
Yes, I hadn't read that fanzine before so I was not familiar with it.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:
Tammyfan wrote: They are reprinting Mint Condition from the fanzine Misty Special?
Yes, I hadn't read that fanzine before so I was not familiar with it.
Reprinting stuff from the fanzine? That is a surprise.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Ironically, the original Misty never celebrated Halloween. I checked the issues at that date and both are just regular issues.

Dave Heeley

Post by Dave Heeley »

I really enjoyed it, Black Beth and Black Max were the highlights for me.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

This may also be of interest to people "Bite Me" Magazine (which I am not familiar with), is also stepping up to fill the Misty/Scream/Spellbound gap as a new mystery picture paper. Including 2 Misty reprints Who Killed Teacher and Twin Catastrophes . I am quite intrigued and have ordered a copy, look forward to its arrival!

https://downthetubes.net/?p=101667
http://www.bitememagazine.com/buy-bite-me-comic

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

They have reprinted Bookworm in colour rather than B&W from Misty issue 99 as well.