Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS 
Guru

I have this morning completed the first stage of my listing of all the serials for boys in the text story papers from DCT, which I started to compile over a week ago, most of which will eventually appear in ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS. Writing the synopses will take a good bit longer, of course, but I have already put them in alphabetical order. I know that people often refer to these story papers as THE BIG FIVE, those being ADVENTURE, THE ROVER, THE WIZARD, THE SKIPPER and THE HOTSPUR, but as there are actually seven, I have also included those from THE VANGUARD and THE RED ARROW. The second stage will be to list all the serials in the picture story papers for boys. I very much like the alphabetical order idea, so I have already been applying it to the serials for BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, which I am writing simultaneously, as I think I have already mentioned.

06 Apr 2019, 11:45

Phoenix wrote:
I have this morning completed the first stage of my listing of all the serials for boys in the text story papers from DCT, which I started to compile over a week ago, most of which will eventually appear in ADVENTURE AND HIS BROTHERS. Writing the synopses will take a good bit longer, of course, but I have already put them in alphabetical order. I know that people often refer to these story papers as THE BIG FIVE, those being ADVENTURE, THE ROVER, THE WIZARD, THE SKIPPER and THE HOTSPUR, but as there are actually seven, I have also included those from THE VANGUARD and THE RED ARROW. The second stage will be to list all the serials in the picture story papers for boys. I very much like the alphabetical order idea, so I have already been applying it to the serials for BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, which I am writing simultaneously, as I think I have already mentioned.

Well done on reaching this milestone!

28 Apr 2019, 17:53
Profile WWW
Guru

comixminx wrote:
Well done on reaching this milestone!
Thank you for your kind comment, Jenni. It is, of course, merely a beginning, but I was always going to start sometime, so given that from acorns oak trees grow, or so I was informed in my primary school, let growth begin.

28 Apr 2019, 18:28

well done Derek , i eagerly await both books when they are finished ,published,and it seems at the right time with the resurgence and clamour for british comics again with the rebellion stuff.

30 Apr 2019, 14:13
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]