Where's Classics?

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Lew Stringer

Where's Classics?

Post by Lew Stringer »

For some reason the one local newsagent down my way who stocked Classics from the Comics has stopped having it. Has anyone else had a problem getting the latest issue (which should have been out today)?

I've also noticed that just three issues in with the new Dandy Extreme, most shops around here have that in short (or zero) supply again too. So much for the ?1.99 retailer incentive. :(

Lew

Cap Haggis

Where's Classics?

Post by Cap Haggis »

Classics is only regularly on sale in the larger of my various local town Newsagents now - about 3-5 issues (most of the of the smaller traditional newsagents used to stock it but don't now) - W H Smiths in the larger towns and in Glasgow always have copies but again only about 6 - Bad news is that I have recently started to read this again and my track record is bad - once I start reading a comic it usually packs in - The old "Best of" Beezer and Toppers - I eventually got a standing order 3 issues later it was no more - Savage Sword of Conan UK version and various US books from Grossgen and Malibu all went the same way - remember Starlord ??? sorry :lol:
Cap Haggis to the rescue of all deep fried foods

HighAndMighty

Where's Classics?

Post by HighAndMighty »

Classics is hard to come by- the three biggest Smith's near to me don't carry it but the pokey one down the road does... maybe it's a ghetto of "olde comic fans" down there.

Luckily my friendly local newsagent gets a couple of copies in and has been known to hold onto unsold ones if he knows I'm away for a while...

Independant local newsagents eh? Now whatever happened to them?
cor!

Shaqui

Where's Classics?

Post by Shaqui »

The local Tesco was the only place I'd ever seen it...

:oops: