Victor Strip in Classics --- finally!

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: Victor Strip in Classics --- finally!

Post by steelclaw »

It's good to see a few Adventrue strips in Classics with 'Bouncing Briggs' from Hornet still going, and 'Billy the Cat'.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

colcool007 wrote:So what else did George Heath draw? I am looking at the style and feel that I should know of his work, but I am pulling a blank at the moment.
In the early Victor a few cover strips and the series 'The Roll-Along Logans' and 'The Jungle Bus' come to mind without having to check my records.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Thank you! I knew that I recognised the style but I was having a senior moment as I could not place it. Did George Heath not do anything later for DCT as both stories were originally printed in the Victor in 61/62?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

He didn't really do much work at all for Thomson's and none for Victor after 1962 but his last work 'The Rainbow Boys' which appeared in Hotspur was left uncompleted at the time of his death in 1968.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Classics is out now, just saw that issue 15 Victor cover. The Turbulent sure took a lot of boats out (including a U-boat), but to get taken out by a minefield? The mysteries of war eh? Anyway, that Linton bloke would've hated today's PC nonsence with a nickname like Tubby! Wonder if more covers from the same era will be used? Colcool007 mentioned a remake, would be good to see it.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Digifiend wrote:Anyway, that Linton bloke would've hated today's PC nonsence with a nickname like Tubby!
Or perhaps he'd have welcomed it, instead of spending his career being burdened with a silly nickname. Let's hope he called his mates names like "Indistinct Smith" or "Plain Faced Bert". It's only fair. 8)

Lew