CLASSIC COMICS CHRISTMAS?

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Has Classic Comics ever had an issue published in December that was mainly Christmas stories?

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 7/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Im not aware of there ever being one with 100% christmas stories.Last months however had quite a large percentage of christmas related stories.A few years back The Beano and Dandy collection books had a Comics at christmas which was great.

Originally posted by Ian w on the old forum on 7/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

The current issue (117) has a very high Christmas content. I recall an issue from a three or four years ago that could also be classed a Christmas issue, with a similar high Christmas count. Don't know if they do it every year but it is very welcome. I'd like to see bonfire night themes for the November issue and Easter themes for the March or April issue, etc.

Originally posted by Gary on the old forum on 8/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

The current issue has a selection of Xmas stories. Trouble is it came out AFTER Christmas! Same thing happened before. The editor needs to check his schedules.

Originally posted by Bill on the old forum on 8/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

It would be nice if they did a special Classic of the comics....a whole comic to Dudlley D watkins.......just The Beano one month.....Plug and Hoot added to the list......also more Tom Paterson's work....also more Bananaman.....also like the easter idea...seasonal....

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 8/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

I'd like to see Ken Harrison's full pages from Hoot added to CFTC. As for Plug, it was different proportions to the other Thomson comics IIRC so wouldn't look right.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 8/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

AFAIK they do a (mainly) Christmas themed issue every year. Trouble is that with being published on the last friday of every month, that tends to be after Christmas for the December published issue. They should do it in the last friday of November issue then you have the whole month to get Christmassy

Old Forum Fella

When I think of comics at Christmas I think snow, party hats and tables buckling with food; so to recapture that magic I was wondering what would be the best back issue to buy. The only other major ?holiday? period I can remember being celebrated in comics was Bonfire Night - free glow in the dark Guy Fawkes mask, collecting for the Guy and missive black and white fireworks displays.

Old Forum Fella

as has been mentioned, the Christmas issue is the one on sale now, so that'd be the best one for you to buy.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

The late November issue should be more Christmassy...and the late October should be full of firework fun.... 8)

The end of Jan should have lots of pancakes...valentines...
end of march could have lots of Easter themes...

more theme issues.....why not put in reprints mostly from the month at the time..

anyway I like Classics a lot.....fortnightly would be even better...