A few facts and figures

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

blaing

A few facts and figures

Post by blaing »

I'm planning to a post on my blog next week on my thoughts of the final issue of "Classics from the Comics", and I need sone facts and figures.

What I'm after is the issue when they started to print the year on the "classic" badge, and the first issue with the second "Classics" logo first appeared.

As I always do, I will credit everyone here that can help me. Ta.

Digifiend

Re: A few facts and figures

Post by Digifiend »

The year has always been there. That's not the second logo, it's the third. The first logo was Times New Roman Bold in red on a white background. Then they went for a rounded typeface, still red on white. Then the one you've pictured, and finally the current, shortlived, red and yellow one. The blue logo was first used about three years ago.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Digifiend, what I'm refering to is the little badge saying from which comic it came from. In the earliest issues, they didn't include the year the comic originated.

The very first issues of Classics (I have number 2) just only has the description of "Classic ????" but no year. (E.G. "Classic Dandy")

I should have been a little more clearer than that. My bad. :coat:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, I was thinking of dates which were there in the original comics, they used to ahve a date code on i.e. the current issue would've used BNO 18.9.10

The round badge was redesigned a few years ago... roughly the time the blue logo debuted.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

blaing

Issue No.146 May 2008 Had this badge with no date thoughout

I haven't got issue No.147 so that might have been the first one with the dates on or it could have been this issue No.148 July 2008.

It also had badges for strips like this, and others like 'Classic Adventures'

blaing

Post by blaing »

Ta, Steelclaw.

When I come back from getting the mail, I'll update my post on Classics later on today.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Love that Billy whizz cover by Ken...great seeing loads of Billys!!