Best of Topper 40th anniversary issue

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Best of Topper 40th anniversary issue

Post by stevezodiac »

looking through my Best of Toppers I came across this issue which celebrates 40 years of the Topper:

The comic also reproduces the cover of Topper # 1 but you can see that in colour in the comics uk gallery.

Digifiend

Re: Best of Topper 40th anniversary issue

Post by Digifiend »

Of course, it didn't make it to 41. Both the Topper Book and the Beezer and Topper comic published their final editions in 1993, with only Best of Topper limping on until 1996. After Beryl, I assume Mickey the Monkey is the next longest running character, but he didn't survive the Beezer merger if I'm not mistaken.

Old Freddy

Post by Old Freddy »

That Beryl strip was in the 1961 Beryl the Peril annual, but the date that Beryl writes on her wall is changed from 1953 to 1960. (It may have been a different date as well, I'll have to check)
Last update to http://comiccentral.jimdo.com: 7/4/2011

Sammy Shrink, Korky, Dennis and the Dandy all updated
Beryl the Peril Page Added
Navigation altered

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Digifiend wrote: After Beryl, I assume Mickey the Monkey is the next longest running character, but he didn't survive the Beezer merger if I'm not mistaken.
mickey the monkey did have a puzzle page though called mickey's monkey puzzles although i dont know how many issues it lasted as i only have iss 1&2