Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The Sparky adventure strips 

My Top five `Adventure` strips are (1) "Willy the Woeful Wizard" by a Looong way! Just wonderful! Only topped by fun strip `I.Spy` of all Sparky content. (2) "Will O` The Well" Prose. I know-its a prose strip, but I can't leave it out! (3) "Lonely Lad of Blue Lagoon" yes! a Hotspur reprint-but still a lovely strip with the Holroyd drawn adventures in Volcanic caverns a true highlight! (4) "Little Davey Spacer" the first series- this just enchanted me! (5) "The Floating Farrells" Great end of the world scenario!

Five least worthy! (1) "Tess of the Taoki" An Abomination! Utter racist claptrap! Any comic printing this today would be in big trouble! (2) "South Seas Suzie" Much the same stuff as "Tess" quite awful! (3) "McGinty's Goat" wholly unfunny strip- quite witless! (4) "Greedy Guss" another Hotspur reprint, but this is witless stuff! (5) "Invisible Dick" People who know me here would expect this my No1 dislike-but to be fair, it had some good episodes and one superb one! It just went on too long and was extremely repetitive!

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2