1960's Marvel/ Stan Lee

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Niblet

Re: 1960's Marvel/ Stan Lee

Post by Niblet »

There was a Doctor Strange TV movie made in 1978.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFCL0eCj ... re=related

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Niblet wrote:There was a Doctor Strange TV movie made in 1978.

I've seen most of the movies based on Marvel characters, but never managed to track that one down. Looks marginally better than David Hasselhoff's 'Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD'...

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

tony ingram wrote:

I've seen most of the movies based on Marvel characters, but never managed to track that one down. Looks marginally better than David Hasselhoff's 'Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD'...
Until your comment Tony, I never realised such a thing existed. I am torn between not watching or watching in horrid fascination...
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Yeah I remember the '78 ( thought it was 80s- how time flies) Dr Strange show, it was ok (no more - def not as bad as the Nick Fury TV movie messl). There was also a recent Dr Strange animated movie that got good reviews - I just feel Dr Strange has the potential for a big screen deal with CGI with peoples love, at the moment for "demon type" films. Speaking of MARVEL animated movies I picked up 2 of the NEW Ultimate Avengers caroon DVDs at a charity event but the are on the US format - if anyone has access to play these and wants them (free) please let me know.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Some DVD players can play DVDs from any region. That goes for your computer too.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Cheers Digi I wasn't aware my PC might be able to play this- I will check it out (my DVD won't tho') but DVDs are still free if anyone wants them

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

STARBOY Any dvd player can be hacked to become multi region - just type "dvd hack" into google (a very well known search engine, you must have heard of it) and you will find a site giving instructions - it just involves a few button presses on the remote control. It will invalidate your guarantee but your player will probably never be sent back to the manufacturer anyway.

(Awaits response from soothsayer to pooh-pooh my suggestion - there's always one).

Hello what's this say in my horoscope? "A great idea of yourn will be given the double pooh treatment by some interfering herbert with little else to do on a damp bank holiday. Probably a Northerner who's team have just been relegated and who's local black pudding factory has just closed down"

I knew it :)

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

colcool007 wrote:
tony ingram wrote:

Until your comment Tony, I never realised such a thing existed. I am torn between not watching or watching in horrid fascination...
Only you can decide, but i won't be responsible for the consequences or pay for the inevitable counseling.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

The things you learn on this site- excellent stuff, thanks for that info Steve I will try that was looking forward to seeing film when I got it.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

stevezodiac wrote:(Awaits response from soothsayer to pooh-pooh my suggestion - there's always one).

Hello what's this say in my horoscope? "A great idea of yourn will be given the double pooh treatment by some interfering herbert with little else to do on a damp bank holiday. Probably a Northerner who's team have just been relegated and who's local black pudding factory has just closed down"

I knew it :)
Northerner who's team has just been relegated? You was expecting me to say no to that suggestion? Sorry to disappoint. ;)

Ironic that you refer to horoscopes considering your username! :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Don't worry, if all goes well this Saturday your Tigers will be playing my Lions next season - if we win and Leeds don't.

Charlton used to be the Valiants and Spurs are the Hotspurs - any other football/comic nicknames? Eagles - Crystal Palace. Loads of Rovers I suppose. Man United will be Champions on Sunday.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Well I'm definitely not going to want Leeds to win anyway. They used to have a lot of glory supporters around here - until Hull surpassed them!

Man Utd champions? While I would want that to happen, it's only going to if Chelsea (moneybags FC) lose, as the Blues are currently one point ahead - and considering who they're playing, I'm not very hopeful.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Steve, re club nicknames and comics - streching it a bit (ok really streching it to fit) but Rangers are also known as the Teddy Bear(s) - Stenhousemuir are the Warrior(s) and Stirling Albion are the Binos (pronounced Beanos) - and Falkirk are the Bairns (from The Broons) - :coat:

ooops forgot Partick Thistle are the Jag(s) Livingstone are known as Livvie and)the Lion(s) and Raith Rovers (and loads others) are the Rover(s)

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Northampton Town were a right load of `Cobblers`
A Face unclouded by thought.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I know Hearts are called the Jam Tarts (Rhyming slang) but is their kit sponsor also rhyming slang Ukio Bankas?