Cosplaying

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Serai

Cosplaying

Post by Serai »

Anyone knows of this?

These days there are a lot of people dressing up like their favourite superhero or star.
People dress up like characters from toons, animes, mangas and comics.

What is your point of view on this, and are you into this yourself?

I personally think it's fine to dress up however you want and if it provides fun to you, go ahead.

I am not into it myself though.

Digifiend

Re: Cosplaying

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah they do it a lot at conventions... or even a wedding, lol. I find videos and pictures of cosplayers funny sometimes, but don't do it myself.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Cosplay is pretty massive in Japan (I think its even a lifestyle over there) I saw a Jonathon Ross TV show on that, all very strange and taken a bit to far IMHO in its most excessive form. Strangest I've heard is Furplay when folk dress as furry animals (and that can go to some realoly strange places!). I suppose it's thought strange as it's people getting into characters (mostly Manga I suppose) whereas as some "couples" do dress up and it's considered healthy in the right circumstances.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I would consider wearing an I SPY costume...but only if it was fully-functional, with endless devices.

2010 technology is pretty basic and feeble on this score......maybe this invention will arrive in the 23rd century.