Football Manager

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Jonny Whizz

Football Manager

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Are there any other 'virtual managers' on this forum?

I have every game from the 2005 edition on. I also have Chamoionship Manager 2001/02 from before EIDOS and Sports Interactive split (after the split Championship Manager became the inferior game as SI used the programming for Football Manager).

In Football Manager 2010 I've had quite a bit of success with Portsmouth (I took them on knowing it was going to be a bit of a challenge!). Somehow I managed ninth in my first season (2009/10) (though only 12 points outside the drop zone - the top eight were miles clear of me). I came ninth again in my second season (2010/11) but with 14 more points, more wins and a better goal difference.

Now into my third season (2011/12) my team's start to the season has been mixed - an away defeat to Liverpool followed by draws with Newcastle and at Stoke, before thrashing MK Dons in the League Cup and beating newly promoted Coventry.

My Portsmouth First Team squad now consists of:
Goalkeepers - Artur Boruc, Alex Smithies, David James
Defenders - Luke Young, Michael Ball, Hermann Hreidarsson, Younes Kaboul (Captain), Tal Ben-Haim, Eddie Nolan, Chris Baird and Aaron Mokoena.
Midfielders - Nigel de Jong, Anthony Vanden Borre, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Hassan Yebda, Hayden Mullins, Michael Brown, Ashley Sammons, Matty Ritchie, Deco, Gael Nlundulu, Julien Faubert and Urby Emanuelson.
Forwards - Michael Owen, Aruna Dindane, Jozy Altidore (on loan), Frederic Piquionne and Victor Moses.

Linvoy Primus is now first team coach and Kanu is on the scouting team!
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Digifiend

Re: Football Manager

Post by Digifiend »

I've played some demos of FM and Championship Manager. I find that the save files are far too big, so I've never bought a full version.

You should join our fantasy football league! I don't see an age limit there, so don't assume that you're too young.
http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 145&t=3680