Horses electrocuted

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Horses electrocuted

Post by Digifiend »

:shock: Heads must roll for this...
RACING was abandoned at Newbury today after two horses collapsed and died in the parade ring - thought to be from an electric shock under the paddock.

The animals, Fenix Two and Marching Song, are now at the centre of an investigation with a post mortem is due to be carried out on the pair.

Some horses had already made it down to the start but there were reports that others had "wobbled" on entering the paddock.

Newbury chairman Christopher Spence said: "It's a nightmare for everybody.

"We can't be certain what it is, we all think it's electric, but we don't know.

"We've got to look after our customers and we've got to look after the horses, so very regrettably we've called the meeting off.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -race.html

I have to feel sorry for the owners and trainers. They did the right thing calling off the meeting, as other horses might have met the same fate.

stevezodiac

Re: Horses electrocuted

Post by stevezodiac »

I watched channel 4 racing after hearing about it on Radio Five Live, one of the tv pundits said it was a shocking tragedy - I don't think he realised his unintentional pun. Apparently it only takes one sixth of the electricity to kill a horse as it does to kill a human.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

Thats right Steve! because they stand on all fours (And mostly wearing Metal horseshoes) they form a `circuit`which far easier allows electricity through the heart than a biped!
A Face unclouded by thought.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

the second decade of the 21st Century, and they can't even manufacture insulated [anti-electrical current] horseshoes........

--------guess that hovercar and working jetpack

just ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

My sympathy goes with the horses, who have been let down by man's all-too-feeble 'technology'.

Jeez, when I was a lad, they talked about conquering space and beyond! Guess yet another 'recession' put paid to those noble ambitions......

yours cynically.............