Unexpected Amazonian windfall

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

swirlythingy

Unexpected Amazonian windfall

Post by swirlythingy »

As a bribe for taking part in a largely meaningless bureaucratic box-ticking interview imposed upon my college as part of the requirements to legally define themselves as something or other, no doubt with extra precious funding attached, I find myself in unbudgeted possession of ten shiny quid. Unfortunately, as these things so often do, it comes with the caveat that I can only spend it at a certain establishment - in this case, Amazon.

Speaking as somebody who has very little experience of the site indeed, and has never bought anything there, does anyone have any advice on what I should buy? Not necessarily comic stuff (although it would be nice), just anything amusing for ten pounds or less. I don't have anything I actually need to buy (or at least, not in that price range), so I'm looking strictly for entertainment only.

I should probably emphasise at this point that software for computers, phones or games consoles, should Amazon sell it, is of no use to me.

Thanks for any suggestions...
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!

Digifiend

Re: Unexpected Amazonian windfall

Post by Digifiend »

Put it towards this year's Beano and Dandy annuals? They're due out soon anyway.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

For a swift intro into how comics should be written, see if you can pick up a volume or two of Charley's War. Failing that, any reprint of comic goodness will not harm your horizons. :D My personal preference would be to buy Steve Holland's Picture Library reprints or the George Low/Calum Laird reprints of Commando. Hmm, I can hear Amazon calling me now...
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Get the Police Squad dvd. Six hilarious shows featuring Frank Drebin. (mine was £7.99 from HMV) 36 reviews on Amazon of which 32 give five stars.

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Um... you don't know what Amazon sell? Are you a time traveller from the 1980s or something? :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

They sell pretty much everything! Well, more than enough to make newbies get lost anyway. I'm not surprised Swirly didn't know where to start.