Two More Lost Doctor Who Episodes Found!

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Classic Comics

Re: Two More Lost Doctor Who Episodes Found!

Post by Classic Comics »

I've got the Loose Cannon recon of The Highlanders and it's a lot of fun but for me it would be either The Web of Fear or Fury From The Deep.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

-MikeD- wrote:In fact, any new discovery is exciting. Even if they find the rest of The Space Pirates...
I'm not entirely sure I'd go that far... :shock:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

With existing footage as a template I presume it would be possible to remake the lost episodes using computer animation ala pixar. Better than nothing. That's if the scripts are still around.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

They already did a couple of episodes in similar animation to Infinite Quest (but in grayscale, obviously). Proved too expensive. :(

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

Digifiend wrote:They already did a couple of episodes in similar animation to Infinite Quest (but in grayscale, obviously). Proved too expensive. :(
But the missing episodes of The Reign Of Terror are being animated for DVD release next year and there were rumours last week that another story was having missing eps animated. I hope these shift in enough quantity to make them viable.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

stevezodiac wrote:With existing footage as a template I presume it would be possible to remake the lost episodes using computer animation ala pixar. Better than nothing. That's if the scripts are still around.
The scripts (many of them, anyway) are still around, as are the complete soundtracks for every episode, all of which have been released on CD. The only stumbling block is the cost of animation against the projected return.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

This is from yesterday's Times. It answers the question about existing scripts as well as the main subject of a unique find in the archives.

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

The `Cartoon` version of "The Invasion" Ep 1 had a mistake in it , in that Zoe was dressed in the wrong clothes! She was still in her "Mind Robber" Spangly outfit till they reached Isobel's flat (Isobel gave her the outfit with feather Boa to take photos of)

I actually recall that episode very well and sadly the folks who did the `re-creation` of it-boobed Fashion Wise!
A Face unclouded by thought.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

Be fair, though - that spangly catsuit is a fashion classic and Wendy looked fab in it.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Continuity error or not, that Invasion animation was a fantastic piece of work. I hope The Reign of Terror maintains that standard when it appears.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

The little bit of test footage I saw for Reign of Terror looked terrific. And I agree - Cosgrove Hall did a great job on The Invasion. They even got Patrick Troughton's skippy-run just right.

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

Classic Comics wrote:The little bit of test footage I saw for Reign of Terror looked terrific. And I agree - Cosgrove Hall did a great job on The Invasion. They even got Patrick Troughton's skippy-run just right.
Yeah..I think the rotoscoped likenesses work better than the 'cartoon' versions on the Invasion DVD (although they were great).

I bet the animator's held their breath for a moment when they heard two missing episodes had turned up last month... :D
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk