Submissions Request: The Peter Cushing 'Dr Who' Fannual

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shaqui

Submissions Request: The Peter Cushing 'Dr Who' Fannual

Post by Shaqui »

A new project from the publishers of Dr Who fanzine 'FANWNAK' and the up-and-coming cult TV fanzine 'CSO' are proposing a special project to produce a fan annual (or 'fannual') in the style of the 1960s World Distributors annuals, but featuring Peter Cushing's 'Dr Who' from the two 1960s films.

Interested contributors should either contact publisher/editor Scott Burditt via the Facebook page set up to promote this:

https://www.facebook.com/Fannual

or myself here, via a private message, for more details.

Thanks in advance.

Shaqui :D

philcom55

Re: Submissions Request: The Peter Cushing 'Dr Who' Fannual

Post by philcom55 »

A shame Walt Howarth isn't still around to paint the cover (though I think he produced one as a private commission some years ago).

Incidentally, a friend recently told me that Cushing also recorded a Doctor Who story for BBC Radio, though it was never broadcast for some reason. It's certainly news to me - do you know any details about this Shaqui?

- Phil Rushton

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Yes, Walt Howarth would have been my first port of call for artwork! I'm still in touch with his friend and agent Gary Watton, and purchased a b/w print of Patrick Troughton's Doctor, similar to the layout for the opening frontispiece of the first Dr Who annual.

Still, Scott knows some very talented people, and I may have a dabble with some art, as well as hopefully contributing a story or two...

As for the radio pilot, there was an extensive feature in one of the brilliant 'Nothing At The End Of The Lane' magazines - they had found and reprinted the script in it, which was written by Malcolm Hulke. I think, as you say, the pilot was recorded but to date a copy has not been found.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Writers Guidelines for the Dr Who Fannual are now up on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fannual- ... 1268057424

:D

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

With initial submissions now starting to come in, is there anyone else interested in contributing? :D

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I would be, especially with those guidelines! But I'm very bad at drawing consistent faces, even for made-up people, let alone from real reference photos!

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

The Fan Annual (Fannual) is now looking for enthusiastic fan illustrators to do some art for the stories.

If you are interested in contributing, please email Scott Burditt at snhbuk@gmail.com

Or visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Fannual

:D