Merry Christmas

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Merry Christmas

Post by Digifiend »

It won't be a very merry Christmas for some of my neighbours - the power is out in the next street. Our lights flashed and the computer went off - something got affected because I had to give it a good whack before it would turn back on! But at least we still have electricity. Some of my neighbours aren't so lucky - 35 postcodes blacked out according to Northern Power Grid. If that engineer doesn't fix it as fast as Billy Whizz, their Christmases are ruined. :(

Ah well, have a good Christmas, everyone!

EDIT: The engineer did go at whizzspeed, it took only 100 minutes before they fixed it! :D

stevezodiac

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by stevezodiac »

Its very quiet on comics uk - a lot of people must be away visiting.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, I did expect someone else would've started this thread a bit earlier. As you say, some people are probably away from home.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Merry Christmas everyone.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Some of us are only awake! Of course, Bruce, you could have got in before the lot of us ;)

I hope I haven't got any comics for Christmas - Jo, my mum, my dad and grandma won't have been to second hand shops in search of them, and I have the full complement of Beano/Dandy/Oor Wullie books already :)

PS - Merry Christmas everybody!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Heh, I'm more of a traditionalist in that sense - I got the Beano, Dandy, and Beano/Dandy Panto Time books, along with some other miscellaneous items - clothes, trainers, chocolate, and Doctor Who books (Encyclopedia and a triple pack of novels). Annuals are meant for Christmas, honestly, it wouldn't feel the same reading them in July or August!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My mate Steve is the same. He bought the Alf Tupper special a few months back but won't read it until Christmas morning. TV is rubbish. I'd prefer to watch CSI reruns than the Christmas fare.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, Doctor Who was the only show I was bothered about watching.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Spent most of Xmas reading my haul so far of annuals & comics. Was far more entertaining than watching all the dross on TV. If only some of the concepts in the many UK comic strips were made into TV shows - could fill a schdule at Christmas. That's just got me thinking of my fantasy schedule...may go & write it.

Third year in a row I've not watched anything as broadcast on Xmas day (I find Doctor Who is very overrated - I don't rate Matt & show is still as sexist as ever in my view).

I hate Xmas - so tacky & forced down your throat & I always end up spending it alone (have no close family, which all my friends have).

Still could be worse - all the floods I have been hearing about put that into perspective.

And with some beers & a few comics you're never alone.

Hope you all had a good one.