Classic Dandy on Channel 4

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

r3tr0_gam3r

Classic Dandy on Channel 4

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Did anybody else notice this lad reading a Dandy on last nights episode of 'Child Genius' on Channel 4? I'm not too sure of the date of the comic, but I would put it around the late 70's/early 80's. However old it is, this picture shows that an old copy of The Dandy is indeed a smart choice of reading!

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Classic Dandy on Channel 4

Post by Phoenix »

r3tr0_gam3r wrote:However old it is, this picture shows that an old copy of The Dandy is indeed a smart choice of reading!
The boy is probably just trying to block out all thoughts and concerns about the ordeal ahead.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Haha, look at that jacket he's wearing, it must be similar to the one the bellboy from the original masthead wore!

By the way, this could've gone in the Comics on TV thread.

r3tr0_gam3r

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Phoenix wrote:
r3tr0_gam3r wrote:However old it is, this picture shows that an old copy of The Dandy is indeed a smart choice of reading!
The boy is probably just trying to block out all thoughts and concerns about the ordeal ahead.
Haha, yeah that could be a reason! It sure was quite an ordeal, I didn't understand a lot of the questions they were asked, let alone manage to get the answers.
Digifiend wrote:Haha, look at that jacket he's wearing, it must be similar to the one the bellboy from the original masthead wore!

By the way, this could've gone in the Comics on TV thread.
Sorry about that, I completely forgot about that thread. It's been a while since I've been on this forum. I returned yesterday after hearing somewhere that the 2014 annuals had been announced and coincidentally, this popped up last night!
Also, I loved that jacket, would love something similar to it.