Classic TV Collectables

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Into The Abyss

Classic TV Collectables

Post by Into The Abyss »

Thought I'd ask this question. Have any forum members got any original fim & tv series collectables such as posters, scripts, autographs ect? Reason I ask, besides sourcing vintage comics also collect original, in some cases, screen-used items too from classic British comedy series like Steptoe & Son, On The Buses, Rising Damp, Ain't Half Hot Mum, Man About The House, Red Dwarf, Doctor Who etc.... Anyway, I'll upload a few examples of what I've got to hand. Tell me what you think? :)

ImageImage

Rare 2009 region 4 Ltd Ed 1/5000 Australian "On The Buses" complete TV series box set featuring the classic Cemetery Gates bus with working lights , moving wheels, and of course a little Stan Butler in the driver seat. Very difficult to find. Cool or what! 8)
Last edited by Into The Abyss on 30 Nov 2023, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Well, hello there! :wave:

Into The Abyss

Re: Classic TV Collectables

Post by Into The Abyss »

More On The Buses collectables. A 1973 post-production "Holiday On The Buses" script and a production-used call sheet. :)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

ImageImage

Two original 1973 series-used camera scripts. A series 10 script, episode 71, "What The Stars Foretell" and "The Football match" script from series 5, episode 66, again from 1973.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

A rare Hammer "On The Buses" film flyer.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Another nice collectable. An original John Sullivan "Citizen Smith" BBC camera script with annotations owned by the late actor Felix Bowness.

Bit of info on Felix Bowness. Besides being known for playing the grumpy Jockey in the classic comedy series Hi-De-Hi, was also warm up man for many a TV series such as Only Fools & Horses, Are You Being Served etc..... And when he sadly died in 2009 his estate & contents were eventually sold off which also included a substantial amount of scripts.

Last edited by Into The Abyss on 10 Apr 2024, 12:06, edited 5 times in total.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Another cool colectable that own. It's a Lincoln International Routemaster toy bus. Why a bus you ask? Well, this classic 1960s remote control toy was the very same model used in the cult British ITV comedy "On The Buses". It featured in the series 4 festive episode called "Christmas Duty" way back in 1970.

Also, made was a small inspector that looked like Blakey (Stephen Lewis) and a bus stop made. More surprising. The actual prop with inspector & bus stop still exists. It's owned by the founder of the On The Buses Fan club.

Trivia: In the episode Christmas Duty. The bus (normally red) was painted green, a bus driver put in the cab, stickers removed with Luxton Bus Company added.

Last edited by Into The Abyss on 29 Mar 2024, 12:21, edited 2 times in total.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Here's another little gem. An original Porridge movie poster that I own. :)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Two more original posters. One an "On The Buses" quad poster, the other, a 1966 "Carry Screaming" Australian daybill. 8)

Last edited by Into The Abyss on 29 Mar 2024, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Some more production-used original scripts that I own. A Red Dwarf series 4, Camille, script (signed). And a Red Dwarf, series six, episode Psirens script (signed) :P

ImageImage

A "Cassandra" series eight script owned by actor who played Warden Knot in the Red Dwarf aka The Shend. I sourced it directly from the great man himself. :)

Image Image

My original Red Dwarf production-used, series six, episode Polymorph II - Emohawk, camera script owned by the visual effects artist Nik Kool. :)

Last edited by Into The Abyss on 29 Mar 2024, 12:14, edited 3 times in total.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

My Last of the Summer Wine, Roy Clarke signed, rehersal script from episode four , series U , episode called "Optomism in the Housing Market" filmed way back in 1998.

Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi 'Into the Abyss' - I love 'The Avengers' tv series - (Emma Peel episodes only) and collect original colour 1960's 2'' x 2'' transparency slides and regular 35mm slides of images taken on set either behind the scenes or during the filming. I also have several original B&W publicity photos from the Emma Peel episodes.

I also have original autographs of Laurel and Hardy, George Lazenby (signed for me on a still from 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service') and several of the original cast of Star Trek:

William Shatner (Captain Kirk) who I met at Comic-Con in 2019
Walter Koenig (Chekov) who I met at Comic-Con in 2019
James Doohan (Scotty)
George Takei (Sulu)
Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)

Staying with Star Trek, I also have an original press kit from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country which contains a publicity book and 8 stills all in a large folder plus I separately have about 6 other stills from the film as well.

I also have a Walter Lantz autograph (Woody Woodpecker creator)

I also have an original lobby card from the classic Hammer film 'The Vampire Lover's' (1970) plus another one from 'Kiss Of The Vampire' (1963)

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Chalky wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 16:42
Hi 'Into the Abyss' - I love 'The Avengers' tv series - (Emma Peel episodes only) and collect original colour 1960's 2'' x 2'' transparency slides and regular 35mm slides of images taken on set either behind the scenes or during the filming. I also have several original B&W publicity photos from the Emma Peel episodes.

I also have original autographs of Laurel and Hardy, George Lazenby (signed for me on a still from 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service') and several of the original cast of Star Trek:

William Shatner (Captain Kirk) who I met at Comic-Con in 2019
Walter Koenig (Chekov) who I met at Comic-Con in 2019
James Doohan (Scotty)
George Takei (Sulu)
Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)

Staying with Star Trek, I also have an original press kit from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country which contains a publicity book and 8 stills all in a large folder plus I separately have about 6 other stills from the film as well.

I also have a Walter Lantz autograph (Woody Woodpecker creator)

I also have an original lobby card from the classic Hammer film 'The Vampire Lover's' (1970) plus another one from 'Kiss Of The Vampire' (1963)
Got some nice collectables yourself there Chalky. Love myself to own a piece of Laurel & Hardy memorabilia. Nearest I've got are two vintage 90s bobbleheads and all the dvds released that included both restored and colourised films & shorts on dvd. So ahead of their time. Favourite short is the one with a reading of a will and the haunted house with that bat lol. 😅

And cool to hear you met the original cast members of Star Trek. Very jealous. Love that show too. Sadly haven't got any original memorabilia from that show other than the usual generic blu ray movies box set & 1966 dvd series releases.

Coincidentally, you mentioning the classic ITC Avengers series. In the attic have the limited edition "The Avengers in Colour" sideshow figure set featuring Steed & Emma Peel with bowler hat and kane. Think it comes with stands too if my memory serves me?

I love anything ITC me. The Avengers , Prisoner, Jason King , Persuaders and so on. Huge fan of Randall & Hopkirk the Deceased also. And besides the obvious blu ray release from all ect , have three signed Randall & Hopkirk VHS covers , never used, they were given out at an event to coincide when the series was first released on video in the late 90s. All three were signed by the surviving cast members Kenneth Cope, Annette Andre among others involved in the making of the 1968 series. Sadly Mike Pratt (Marty) passed away in 1976 but his son Guy Pratt (famous bassist) represented his father and signed all three covers. Pretty cool.

Out of interest. Recently obtained another Red Dwarf camera script from co-founder of the Red Dwarf fanzine , who in 1997 appeared on BBC-2 to celebrate the shows 10th Anniversary. It was a spoof of University Challenge chaired by Bamber Gascoigne aptly named "Universe Challenge" as a nod to Doug Naylor series that began its life on BBC2 back in 1987 and featured the cast against Red Dwarf vs superfans.

Anyway, it was a camera script signed by Chris Barrie (Rimmer) , Craig Charles (Lister) , Danny John-Jules (Cat), Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) Chloe Annette (Kochanski) & Hattie Hayridge (Hilly female version of Holly Red Dwarf's computer) , it also included two of the female fan contestants signatures too. An added extra was it also came with a Red Dwarf 10th Anniversary greenroom door card with Red Dwarf 10th Anniversary and a Red Dwarf felt pen used on the show. Will upload some pics asap. 😎

But to be honest. What I got would take ages to photograph and upload. More scripts , vintage posters , signed Doctor Who prints & lithographs , horror figure sets , obviously original comic art, you name it I've got it. I surprise myself most times what I've amassed over the years.
Last edited by Into The Abyss on 29 Mar 2024, 08:43, edited 2 times in total.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

My original production-used multi signed Red Dwarf camera script from the 1997 BBC2, 10th Anniversary , " Universe Challenge" featuring the cast of Red Dwarf against the Fans special.

Pictured is a screenshot of the Fans vs Red Dwarf cast. The script was obtained direct from the co-founder of the Red Dwarf fanzine pictured top-left.

Featured is the multi-signed camera script in question. It was obtained at source and was signed in person by Craig Charles (Lister) , Danny john-Jules 2x ( Cat) , Chris Barrie ( Rimmer) , Robert Llewellyn ( Kryten) , Chloe Annett (kochanski) , Hattie Hayridge (Hilly ship's computer) who was present in the studio but not on camera.

An identical Red Dwarf 10th Anniversary card held by Bamber Gascoigne was stuck on the Fans greenroom door and was kept as a keepsake by the co-founder of the Red Dwarf fanzine and winning team member Daryl Ball of Ballymena, Northern Ireland .

On reverse of the Red Dwarf 10th Anniversary card is foam sticky tape where it was attached to the "Fans" greenroom studio door. Also, a super-rare Red Dwarf felt pen used by both the Red Dwarf cast & Fans during filming.

Into The Abyss

Post by Into The Abyss »

Some more production-used scripts, and a cast-signed, "Keeping Up Appearances", autographs on card from my collection. :)

Top left, a David Croft & Jimmy Perry, Hi-De-Hi, script from 1981. Top-right, a BBC, Ain't Half Hot Mum, script from 1974.

Bottom left, an original Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais, Likely Lads, 1974 Christmas Special, script. Bottom right, a Carla Lane, Liver Birds, script from 1977. And finally, a cast-signed, Keeping Up Appearances, on an A4 glossy card.

Image Image

Image Image